Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You and Monica Crowley appear to have a comprehension disorder. Requiring restaurants to make nutritional information on their products easily accessible to the consumer is not forcing you to eat or not eat anything.

Your complete lack of decency is noted once again, as Michele Obama's physique and certainly Malia's physique is not outside the range of normal and even if it were, then your personal remarks about these women's bodies are uncalled for. Grow up you government dependent pathetic old fart.
    I don't want the added cost of the stupid nutritional information on restaurant food to appear on my bill. Like I said, most people eat at restaurants on an occasional basis. Every time the government puts a new regulation on a restaurant, the cost goes up. I know you are too stupid to understand how this works.

When first wookie is front and center on this issue of eating, she puts herself in a position of being critiqued. She is overweight and so is her oldest daughter. Pot calling the kettle black does not get it with me.

It makes my day when you get pissed about my government checks. Got my SS check Wed. and looking forward to the 1st of the month for my retirement check. I forgot about the $6,000 free hearing aids at the VA. Life is good for this old fart plus unlike you I don't have any medical problems or diseases. :D:D:D
    Last edited by lacarnut; 09-16-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I don't want the added cost of the stupid nutritional information on restaurant food to appear on my bill. Like I said, most people eat at restaurants on an occasional basis. Every time the government puts a new regulation on a restaurant, the cost goes up. I know you are too stupid to understand how this works.

When first wookie is front and center on this issue of eating, she puts herself in a position of being critiqued. She is overweight and so is her oldest daughter. Pot calling the kettle black does not get it with me.

It makes my day when you get pissed about my government checks. Got my SS check Wed. and looking forward to the 1st of the month for my retirement check. I forgot about the $6,000 free hearing aids at the VA. Life is good for this old fart plus unlike you I don't have any medical problems or diseases. :D:D:D

Despite our disagreements on issues, I'm glad that life is good to you.

But I wish I was as fat as Michelle Obama. I've got about 25 lbs to lose still to be that fat.

As someone who needs to know what he is eating, I look forward to the day when restaurant menus have detailed (more than just calories, fat, and sodium) portion, ingredient, and nutritional information.

Nutritional information is a minute expense to industry. You pay a dietician to analyze your menu items and ingredients, and the corporate dietician can take it from there. Printing costs are minimal and probably don't compare to some of the superfluous bullshit that restaurants print and post in their stores just so it looks like the little boys in advertising are actually doing something.

I have found from my present condition and restrictions, that knowing what is in what I eat allows me to eat more and different things than if I simply operated on a "forbidden foods" list. I have stopped going to kidney health/disease forums because they are infested with the professional sufferers who live in the drama of "forbidden foods" and apparently enjoy complaining about their restrictions. Because I have been studying the contents of foods and weighing what I eat, I am "allowed" to have virtually all of the "forbidden foods" that the invisible people on the forums miss so loudly. No, I can't have an entire pizza, but I can have a slice or two if I plan ahead and don't use up my potassium alotment earlier in the day.

Deprivation is not where it's at. In diet, knowledge and planning can prevent deprivation. Making restaurant menus more relevant and informative will actually open up restaurants to people who would otherwise write it off due to medical or dietary concerns.

Congrats on your willpower to eat one or two slices because that's harder for me than eating none. (Probably why I had to quit drinking 20 years ago.) Thankfully my only eating restrictions are trying not to be eligible for the Biggest Loser so I go to the gym daily and can pig out on pizza or whatever from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't see any big deal with this. Restaurants are voluntarily providing healthier food on their children's menus. The First Lady supports this. No federal laws were put in place to enforce this, a company decided to do it.

It's hardly the end of anyone's freedom to eat unhealthy crap in the USA, except children, who have the rights given to them by their parents regardless of the restaurant's policy.
    You're right; we'll vote with our forks.

My bet is they are giving a forced nod to the O Blah Blah's and big Nanny State because they sold out and accepted waivers to O Blah Blah's Nanny Care.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Despite our disagreements on issues, I'm glad that life is good to you.

But I wish I was as fat as Michelle Obama. I've got about 25 lbs to lose still to be that fat.
    Thank you and I wish the same for you.

I need to lose a bunch of weight but I do not want the government meddling in what I eat. Over regulations on restaurants make the price of food go up.

Fabulous Poster
    unlike you I don't have any medical problems or diseases.
    I need to lose a bunch of weight ......
    These two statements are in conflict.

Obesity is a medical problem in and of itself, and it generates other medical problems. The fact that you may not acknowledge the problem or endeavor to remedy is does not make it go away.

What's your sodium intake per day, Gramps?

Banned
    These two statements are in conflict.

Obesity is a medical problem in and of itself, and it generates other medical problems. The fact that you may not acknowledge the problem or endeavor to remedy is does not make it go away.

What's your sodium intake per day, Gramps?
    I don't know and don't give a shit. Unlike you, I do not monitor my nutrition. I eat what I want. My Gramps lived to be 89; my dad one week short of 99 and both were overweight. Looks like their obesity was not a medical problem for them and not for me. So your statement is incorrect in my case. Plus, I take zero medication on a daily basis. Not even vitamins.

Here is a tip for you. Your health is greatly correlated to your mental condition including the happiness factor. You should take note cause most liberals that I see are unhappy and whine all the time. Conversely, I find conservatives a pleasure to be around because of their outlook on life.