1. #1 The Palestinians’ illegitimate UN gambit (by Rick Perry) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It was a mistake President Obama to distance himself from Israel and seek engagement with the hostile regimes in Syria and Iran.

The historic friendship between the United States and Israel stretches from the founding of the Jewish state in 1948 to the present day. Our nations have developed vital economic and security relationships in an alliance based on shared democratic principles, deep cultural ties and common strategic interests. Historian T.R. Fehrenbach once observed that my home state of Texas and Israel share the experience of “civilized men and women thrown into new and harsh conditions, beset by enemies.”

Surrounded by unfriendly neighbors and terror organizations that aim to destroy it, life has never been easy for Israel. Today, the challenges are mounting. The Jewish state faces growing hostility from Turkey. Its three decade-old peace with Egypt hangs by a thread. Iran pursues nuclear weapons its leaders vow to use to annihilate Israel. Terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians from Hezbollah and Hamas continue.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdCo...aspx?id=238144

I had expected to see Obama just have us abstain from the vote on Palestinian sovereignity in the Security Council, but since the NY-9 election he may actually be painted into a corner on it where he has to veto it despite the wishes of the Saudis and the rest of the Islamic world.

I think vetoing the vote sends a stronger message that even if the rest of the world agrees, the US will still use it's power and influence to pursue it's own ideological ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Fabulous Poster
    I generally look to Israel for guidance on what is best for Israel. Even so, I am always inclined to believe that Israel should frog march the Palestinians back into Jordan, and create a contiguous and secure Israel of maximum size.

The Palestinians have made it clear that they do not want to and will not live in peace. This is because they are not "palestinians" they are pan-arabists who believe that the destruction of the Jewish state will unify the Islamic state.

The stunning part about all of this is that the relentlessness of the Palestinians has made no impression whatsoever on the idiots in the West who insist that Islam is simply another religion and that a refusal to accept these people in our society is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I generally look to Israel for guidance on what is best for Israel. Even so, I am always inclined to believe that Israel should frog march the Palestinians back into Jordan, and create a contiguous and secure Israel of maximum size.

The Palestinians have made it clear that they do not want to and will not live in peace. This is because they are not "palestinians" they are pan-arabists who believe that the destruction of the Jewish state will unify the Islamic state.

The stunning part about all of this is that the relentlessness of the Palestinians has made no impression whatsoever on the idiots in the West who insist that Islam is simply another religion and that a refusal to accept these people in our society is "racist".
    I agree with you on this, Israel should just forceable eject everyone to either Egypt or Jordan (dont forget Lebanon)

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

That's basically what the Palestinians want to do to the Israelis, except subbing 'Europe' for the bordering countries. It's all a matter of who's wearing the ass-kicking boot today.