Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Who does NovaHeart believe "the ruling class" is?

Obama, who came from nowhere and had nothing?
    Clinton, who came from nowhere and had nothing?
    Carter?
    Reagan?
    Lacarnut?

Who?

The Bushes and Gores are pretty ruling class-two generations in politics for each family, plus a backround of wealth. The Kennedy's are working on a third generation in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think that every two hundred years or so, the ruling class needs to be reminded of some simple math.
    The ruling class isn't on Wall Street, it's on K Street.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

3. #13 Bloomberg’s Irresponsible Riot Tactic 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg, in a radio interview on Friday, warned that high unemployment could lead to widespread rioting...... That’s right..... He actually said that.

At a time when European cities have suffered massively from hooliganism, and at a time when U.S. towns like Philadelphia and Kansas City have suffered huge human and commercial tolls from so-called flash riots.

For Bloomberg to come out with this statement is irresponsible and incendiary. But you know what? He’s got a personal agenda. This is a desperate talking point to sell Obama’s jobs plan, which Bloomberg favors as a solution to high unemployment and zero growth.

There’s a whole history here of liberals threatening riots if they don’t get their way. WABC radio host Mark Simone reminded me that back in 1994, Matilda Cuomo warned there would be race riots in New York if her husband Mario weren’t reelected governor in his race against George Pataki.

So now the liberal Mike Bloomberg is trying to go to bat for his pal Obama. And he’s doing so in a very clumsy and inappropriate way.

In fact, Bloomberg is pitching for the whole Obama jobs package -- the $450 billion stimulus plan and the $470 billion tax hike.......... The package is totally unpopular. A recent Bloomberg poll (how ironic) showed that voters disapprove of more Obama stimulus by 51 to 40 percent, and that 56 percent of independents oppose it........... Other polls show that more than 60 percent of Americans disapprove of Obama’s handling of the economy.

Memories are long. The $800 billion stimulus package nearly three years ago didn’t work. So why do it again? Large dollops of government spending combined with temporary tax cuts do not promote investment or entrepreneurship, which are the true job-creators. Tax-rate incentives must be permanent in order to grow the economy. Digging holes for infrastructure may be necessary, but it’s no job-creator for the private sector...............SNIP

http://finance.townhall.com/columnis...le_riot_tactic

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm sure the hippies taking over Wall Street today will classified as a Riot. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Talk like that is scary, but we are, after all, living with an entire population of young people who feel that the government's purpose is to feed them. And their appetite is huge.

They may, indeed, riot.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Talk like that is scary, but we are, after all, living with an entire population of young people who feel that the government's purpose is to feed them. And their appetite is huge.

They may, indeed, riot.

That's what "Riot Guns" were made for!!! In the beginning, just use salt. :p

I am most forgiving. :D

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That's what "Riot Guns" were made for!!! In the beginning, just use salt. :p

I am most forgiving. :D
    But seriously....

I have long thought that younger people, people younger than myself and those of us on the agewise shirt tail of the Vietnam war peace demonstrations etc... have felt a sort of generational "great cause envy". They have tried to feel relevant with environmental demonstrations, perhaps animal rights, and a handful of niche political causes... but nothing as unifying and powerful as the image of the Mall and university campuses swamped with people involved in the civil rights movement or Flower Power.

Maybe this will be their cause, and hopefully the music will improve in the process.

Banned
    But seriously....

I have long thought that younger people, people younger than myself and those of us on the agewise shirt tail of the Vietnam war peace demonstrations etc... have felt a sort of generational "great cause envy". They have tried to feel relevant with environmental demonstrations, perhaps animal rights, and a handful of niche political causes... but nothing as unifying and powerful as the image of the Mall and university campuses swamped with people involved in the civil rights movement or Flower Power.

Maybe this will be their cause, and hopefully the music will improve in the process.
    You are envious of cowards and dope heads. It figures.

But seriously....

What makes you think I'm not???

The youngsters should go help Uncle AlGore. While saving the Polar Bears maybe a few will end up as BP lunch sacks. Of course, then PETA would jump in and...:D

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are envious of cowards and dope heads. It figures.
    As usual, your post shows that you have a reading comprehension problem. Perhaps due to hypoxia.