Thread: Bloomberg Predicts Riots In The Streets

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What makes you think I'm not???

The youngsters should go help Uncle AlGore. While saving the Polar Bears maybe a few will end up as BP lunch sacks. Of course, then PETA would jump in and...:D
    You'll like this. The other day on WMNF (88.5 Tampa hippy radio station) the guest on the Final Call was talking about mass transit and of course "global warming". He made the error of mentioning polar bears and "deaths due to vanishing sea ice."

So I called in, and led in with my support for good public transportation but my objection to the habit of promoters using ridiculous automobile operating costs for comparison purposes to make public transit look better. Then I said it....

"Oh, by the way, I don't think it serves the cause of environmentalism to put out worn out and disproved claims like 'polar bears are dying from vanishing sea ice." The biggest killer of polar bears is Native Americans who hunt them with licenses from the federal governments of the US and Canada, not the carbon output of some coal fired power plant in Alabama."

They were unmoved, but I got it on the air before they cut me off.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You'll like this. The other day on WMNF (88.5 Tampa hippy radio station) the guest on the Final Call was talking about mass transit and of course "global warming". He made the error of mentioning polar bears and "deaths due to vanishing sea ice."

So I called in, and led in with my support for good public transportation but my objection to the habit of promoters using ridiculous automobile operating costs for comparison purposes to make public transit look better. Then I said it....

"Oh, by the way, I don't think it serves the cause of environmentalism to put out worn out and disproved claims like 'polar bears are dying from vanishing sea ice." The biggest killer of polar bears is Native Americans who hunt them with licenses from the federal governments of the US and Canada, not the carbon output of some coal fired power plant in Alabama."

They were unmoved, but I got it on the air before they cut me off.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! Good one! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

As usual, your post shows that you have a reading comprehension problem. Perhaps due to hypoxia.
    Uh, naw, that couldn't be right. See, he lives in Louisiana, and it ain't really all that cold there........:D

Banned
    As usual, your post shows that you have a reading comprehension problem. Perhaps due to hypoxia.
    Must be that time of the day for your obsessive compulsive disorder medication.

The real riots in the streets will start when people discover that their pension funds were vaporized in some derivatives scheme.

Wasn't James Carville way out ahead of Bloomberg predicting riots in the streets by Summer 2012? I'm pretty sure he already said that quite a while ago.

Again, when they take the pension funds, that's when it's on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    The real riots in the streets will start when people discover that their pension funds were vaporized in some derivatives scheme.
    My pension fund has averaged an 8% gain per year since the Enron debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Talk like that is scary, but we are, after all, living with an entire population of young people who feel that the government's purpose is to feed them. And their appetite is huge.

They may, indeed, riot.
    If they do, Bloomberg has given them the excuse. It's extremely irresponsible for a politician to publicly predict riots for a cause. Right now, I guarantee that rabble-rousing leftists are putting up fliers demanding riots to protest unemployment, and Bloomberg has provided them with official justification. That doesn't mean that he won't call out the NYPD when it happens, but rioters will be able to state that even Bloomberg admitted that they had a cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    We're already seeing racial riots throughout the country. The flash mobs that attacked the Wisconsin State Fair and other events are the result of a culture of hate that's been spread by racial arsonists like Al Sharpton and Jeremiah Wright, combined with the new technology of social media and cell phones. All it takes is an excuse, and there will be one soon, when Obama is turned out. There will be a wave of riots after the election, with violence directed against whites or other non-blacks.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I think that every two hundred years or so, the ruling class needs to be reminded of some simple math.
    If by the "ruling class" you mean rich white folks, I believe the others like you ought to be reminded that the cream rises to the top.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    If by the "ruling class" you mean rich white folks, I believe the others like you ought to be reminded that the cream rises to the top.
    Is it your opinion that those who rise to the top of a corporate or military structure are the best and the brightest people, the people of the highest character and most solid morals, the most deserving? Or is there another path?