Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Oh, neither do I. Two years ago, my husband and I were having dinner at the cafe at the opera house in Stockholm, and were conversing with the Swedish man next to us. He was cordial enough, but at one point asked a little icily, "When are you going to do something about your president?" I said there was an election coming up in 2008. If he wanted me to take more direct action in some way, I couldn't help him with that.
    So you missed an opportunity to defend America and agreed with him, oh how very cosmopolitan of you !
    Last edited by megimoo; 09-10-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Let me see here...... How much do I care what the rest of the other countries on this planet think?

I could care less what they want.

I think what they really want, is for US to turn into the same kind of shit holes they live in.

Eyelids
    Our global hegemony has a pretty determined shelf-life.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Let me see here...... How much do I care what the rest of the other countries on this planet think?

I could care less what they want.

I think what they really want, is for US to turn into the same kind of shit holes they live in.
    Because life is just fucking awful in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Our global hegemony has a pretty determined shelf-life.
    How so?

And who determined the shelf life?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    So you missed an opertunity to defend America and agreed with him, oh how very cosmopolitan of you !
    1. It was not a question of defending America, it was a question of defending George Bush, which I am not going to go out of my way to do no matter what country I am in.
    2. In no way did I indicate I agreed with him.
    3. I know how to spell "opportunity".

Eyelids
    How so?

And who determined the shelf life?
    All hegemons decline, its pretty much a historical fact at this point.

If its so great, why aren't more Americans, that feel disaffected trying to migrate to all those social utopias?

I think its because they are social hell holes, but they do have nice brochures.

Compared to here, yeah. Have you ever been?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Eyelids
    If its so great, why aren't more Americans, that feel disaffected trying to migrate to all those social utopias?

I think its because they are social hell holes, but they do have nice brochures.
    You're way too stupid to be reasoned with, but I'll bite. I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy America more than Europe, but everyone isn't like you. Hold on -- I know your first inclination is to bomb those people until they are more like you -- but calm down. Its OK for people to be different than you and want different things, it doesn't make them "wrong", "stupid" or anything else.