Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Congress Approval Rating at 6%, Public Blames GOP 
    So it looks like Congress is hitting all-time lows in approval. A recent poll asked people about congress, with interesting results:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...48-503544.html

In keeping with Congress' dismal review, just 6 percent of registered voters think most members deserve re-election - the lowest percentage ever in CBS News Polls during the past 20 years, and a lower percentage than the 9 percent who thought so right before the 2010 midterms.
    When asked about their own representatives, the results were predictably higher, but still a minority.

Meanwhile, a new Bloomberg poll demonstrates that the American public blames Republicans far more for Washington's dysfunction:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/happen...hurs-sept-15th

When asked about who is to blame, 45% said it was congressional Republicans, while 19% blamed congressional Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

“I’ve been a registered Republican for 50 years or more, but I don’t like what they are doing,” said Ray DiPietro, 78, a retiree who lives in Minoa, New York. Republicans “are more concerned about getting Obama out of office than with making things right,” he said.

DiPietro said he gets several e-mails a day from Republican supporters who put Obama down and “tear him apart, and that’s no way for grownups to talk.” The retiree, who supported passage of Obama’s health-care law, said there’s “no way in hell” he will vote for a Republican in 2012.
    I think the Republicans went a little too far too hard with their Obama derangement syndrome. Voters are seeing through it.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

You wish.

I saw both of these polls reported on Fox News, just sharing what I saw.

"We'll see."

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    They just want to keep the race intresting, no way in hell the GOP can lose to the magic negro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I am not arguing the drop in Congress approval ratings...I'm arguing your reasoning for it. The reason why Congress is ranked so low is because of their deal to raise the debt ceiling. Americans don't want us to go further into debt. Obama's approval is 37%. He will be fired next year...and so will any congress critters who don't fall in step with what americans want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I am not arguing the drop in Congress approval ratings...I'm arguing your reasoning for it. The reason why Congress is ranked so low is because of their deal to raise the debt ceiling.
    I'm sure that is a very big reason for their low approval rating, however the poll reported by Fox shows that people blamed congressional R's 45% while they blamed congressional D's 19%.

Americans don't want us to go further into debt. Obama's approval is 37%. He will be fired next year...and so will any congress critters who don't fall in step with what americans want.
    Most Americans in multiple polls prefer tax cuts on the wealthy being raised over cutting social security or medicare:

President Obama and many of his fellow Democrats continue to call for higher taxes on the wealthy. And, according to results of a CNN/ORC International Poll released Wednesday, many Americans agree that it's the only way the country can dig itself out of its current economic mess.

In the survey, 63% of the 1,008 people interviewed over the phone said they think the new bipartisan committee in charge of deficit reduction (required under the recent debt ceiling agreement) should raise taxes on higher-income Americans and businesses.

That's just the opinion of the public

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I am not arguing the drop in Congress approval ratings...I'm arguing your reasoning for it. The reason why Congress is ranked so low is because of their deal to raise the debt ceiling. Americans don't want us to go further into debt. Obama's approval is 37%. He will be fired next year...and so will any congress critters who don't fall in step with what americans want.
    Let the boy dream on. Congressional Democraps are running scared and they do not want Bozo anywhere near them during the next election except in a few very blue states. They know, unlike Wee Wee, that it would be the kiss of death. Independents have left Obama and Democrats in droves and it will be a blowout in 012.

Americans do not want to play the blame game. They want action/improvements in the economy and jobs. Obama has failed and so have the Democrats in Congress. They had the WH, the Senate and the House for two years. They never introduced a jobs bill unless you call the give aways to the unions and states for budget deficits job bills.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 09-16-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Let the boy dream on. Congressional Democraps are running scared and they do not want Bozo anywhere near them during the next election except in a few very blue states. They know, unlike Wee Wee, that it would be the kiss of death. Independents have left Obama and Democrats in droves and it will be a blowout in 012.
    And realistically, independents elect the president....and they have indeed left the building that houses el Presidente'.