Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Ad Hits Obama for Supporting 'Sex Ed for Kindergartners'... 
    New Ad Hits Obama for Supporting 'Sex Ed for Kindergartners'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLQhRiEXZs
    “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

So this "sexual education" had nothing to do with telling the youngsters how to avoid sexual predators?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sex education is NOT the same as health and safety.
    That would be the class that preditors would be discussed in.
    Not in Sex Ed.
    Those are two totally different classes.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So this "sexual education" had nothing to do with telling the youngsters how to avoid sexual predators?
    Thats pretty much what it is, I'm kinda from Hyde Park so I would know.

Campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs told CBS News the legislation Obama supported provided information to children on what to watch for when with an adult they don't know, such as inappropriate advances or touching.

“It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls – a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement. "Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn’t define what honor was. Now we know why."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09...e4433099.shtml

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs told CBS News the legislation Obama supported provided information to children on what to watch for when with an adult they don't know, such as inappropriate advances or touching.

“It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls – a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement. "Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn’t define what honor was. Now we know why."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09...e4433099.shtml

I don't know if I'd go that far.

It's really sad when we even have to discuss whether we need to warn children about adults that want to fuck them.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    It's really sad when we even have to discuss whether we need to warn children about adults that want to fuck them.
    And that sad fact has nothing to do with the Presidential or VP candidates presently, no?

And that sad fact has nothing to do with the Presidential or VP candidates presently, no?
    I'm firm believer in teaching Good Touch, Bad Touch. Just don't get too explicit with it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I'm firm believer in teaching Good Touch, Bad Touch. Just don't get too explicit with it.
    Agreed. But I believe the issue here is whether anything should be taught regarding that vile reality.

Eyelids
    It sucks we have to defend against it, but these people are definitely out there. It'd be much worse to not tell kids what to watch out for than to warn them.