Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Obama is on the air now (fox news) at a campaign appearance. He's making fun of the lipstick on a pig comment. He thinks it's funny and is sort of smirky about it. Now he's trying to say that it's hurting the country. He's saying it's a serious time, trying to cover up his remark. I've noticed he didn't say it wasn't directed at Palin.
    :

UPDATE: McCain spokesman Brian Rogers responds: “Barack Obama can’t campaign with schoolyard insults and then try to claim outrage at the tone of the campaign. His talk of new politics is as empty as his campaign trail promises, and his record of bucking his party and reaching across the aisle simply doesn’t exist.”

I like that answer!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I think it is.

Obama either is too stupid to be President if he didn't realize how this would be perceived or he is too vicious. Look at him put his hand to his head before he said it - he is deciding if he wants to go there, and he does.
    The audience knows exactly what he meant.

And no comparison to the McCain/Hillary story. He was talking about her program.

Look at the Hillary forum - they are LIVID.
    http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/d...ad.php?t=28812
    You can tell by the audience's explosive reaction that they get the reference. Obama did mean it. He did this kind of crap to Hillary all the time, but no one called him on it because the DNC wanted him to win. But, with Palin, the GOP is not taking this crap and Barry will not have it so easy.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    At this late date, I wonder how many people would even recognize the word "spade" used in that context.
    Every African American poster on DU would get it and the place would EXPLODE! (Younger white folks would just go, "What?")

Banned
    Obama is not ready for prime time plus he is dumb as a rock. When you make a mistake, it is best to admit it and apoligize. Many politicians have a hard time doing that. If he would have told Gov. Palin that he was sorry about the remark and offered an apology, this issue would go away. Now, it going to fester for a longer period of time. Plus, it would show that he is a real man by admitting his mistake. He is a fool.

Banned
    Honestly who could predict people would get hysterical over a silly comment? Its the same ol story of this election...

The left wing candidates were cowardly hiding behind race/sex anytime the tone escalated.

Now, instead of being better people above the fray, Palin/McCain followed the left wing into the gutter, and now hide and cower behind their cover of sexism. Way to go guys! Can't say as I'm surprised.

What did your wife think of the "stinky fish" remark? Or are you single.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    What did your wife think of the "stinky fish" remark? Or are you single.:mad:

LOL! Stinky Fish!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

"
    You can put lipstick on a pig," Obama declared. "It's still a pig."

No mention of Palin. But the audience roared and jumped to its feet.

Obama paused to take in the applause and then moved on to another (also overused) metaphor.

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change," he began. "It's still gonna stink after eight years."
    Obama was the idiot that waded into this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I think he put a shiny new lure out behind his boat and the RNC ran right up and bit it.:D
    I think that - right or wrong - this is another thing that can be used to show how NObama is not what he claims. He's claimed more than once that he would not engage in the politics of personal destruction and yet time and again - he has show that he's more than willing to get dirty with the best of them.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.