Thread: We Have More Oil Than We Thought

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 We Have More Oil Than We Thought 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    A new report that predictably found huge potential natural gas supplies in the U.S. also contained news its own writers found surprising - that oil is more abundant than they thought.

    The study released Thursday by the National Petroleum Council, a collection of industry, academic, government and other officials convened by the secretary of energy, touted how advanced technology has unlocked vast formations of natural gas previously deemed uneconomic to tap

    But the report also said the same drilling and production techniques that opened up shale gas - combined with success in the deep-water Gulf of Mexico, the Canadian oil sands and even surges in conventional oil onshore - are improving the nation's potential to be more self-reliant for oil, according to the report.

    "Contrary to conventional wisdom the North American oil resource base also could provide substantial supply for decades ahead," the report said.

    By 2035, oil from shale formations - also referred to as "tight oil" could produce 2 million to 3 million barrels of oil per day. That includes plays such as the Bakken shale in the Northern U.S. and the Eagle Ford shale in South Texas.


    http://www.chron.com/business/energy...ht-2173154.php
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    2,948
    libtards hate oil. no touch please ..assholes
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Not true! We're almost out of oil! The world is almost out of evil fossil fuels and if we don't spend ourselves into poverty on obsolete alternative energy sources, we're all going to die in hot or cold houses, with dirty clothes, and growths on our foreheads from genetically engineered food.

    I read it on DU.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    libtards hate oil. no touch please ..assholes
    This libtard declared in 1976 that we should declare ourselves to be the last generation, and burn gasoline like it was going out of style.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Not true! We're almost out of oil! The world is almost out of evil fossil fuels and if we don't spend ourselves into poverty on obsolete alternative energy sources, we're all going to die in hot or cold houses, with dirty clothes, and growths on our foreheads from genetically engineered food.

    I read it on DU.
    :eek::eek: Then it MUST be true

    LMAO

    3....2....1.... on the greenie's that think fracking is bad
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    2,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This libtard declared in 1976 that we should declare ourselves to be the last generation, and burn gasoline like it was going out of style.

    by that time a Japo co named Datsun had taken over.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Denbury is injecting CO2 into old wells in MS, LA and TX. It is predicted that around 50% or more oil still remains in these dormant wells. Pipelines from MS to LA transport the CO2. It is an expensive operation but one that delivers a great deal of oil without new drilling.

    We have enough oil to be self sustaining. We could tell the M.E. countries to screw off in 5-7 years provided the liberals and the EPA would get off their backs. Plus, millions of jobs would also be added to the 9.2 million worker already employed directly or indirectly by the oil industry.

    There are new discovery in the mountain states and in PA. The libs want to shut down fracking operations at both sites. There will be more discoveries and this peak oil theory is just a bunch of bull shit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    2,948
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Denbury is injecting CO2 into old wells in MS, LA and TX. It is predicted that around 50% or more oil still remains in these dormant wells. Pipelines from MS to LA transport the CO2. It is an expensive operation but one that delivers a great deal of oil without new drilling.

    We have enough oil to be self sustaining. We could tell the M.E. countries to screw off in 5-7 years provided the liberals and the EPA would get off their backs. Plus, millions of jobs would also be added to the 9.2 million worker already employed directly or indirectly by the oil industry.

    There are new discovery in the mountain states and in PA. The libs want to shut down fracking operations at both sites. There will be more discoveries and this peak oil theory is just a bunch of bull shit.
    might wanna check your back yard

    [youtube]vht0Ci6VhLE[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    might wanna check your back yard

    [youtube]vht0Ci6VhLE[/youtube]
    I'm shocked the magic negro hasn't stepped in to shut them down
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    718
    Is not the Fischer-Tropsch cycle by which oil is synthesized from carbon and hydrogen in an environment of elevated temperature and pressure?

    Does not elevated pressure and temperature exist in the mantle of the earth?
    Does not carbon and hydrogen exist in these high temp/high pressure locations?

    Is it not reasonable to presume that oil is being generated every day?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •