Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Hellmann's Mayo America's Best Condiment, Heinz Ketchup Edged out by Tostito’s Salsa 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    What’s America’s favorite condiment? Hint: it’s not ketchup. The answer is mayonnaise: specifically Hellmann’s, which the nation apparently slops on everything except french fries. Hellmann’s alone accounted for $401.2 million in sales last year, according to Businessweek -- nearly a third of the total $1.3 billion mayo market here.

    ...Heinz Ketchup is a distant third with $278.6 million in sales, edged out by the $286.2 million worth of Tostito’s salsa sold last year.......

    Mayo’s dominance is such that the varieties account for five of the 10 most popular condiment brands, including Best Foods and Kraft.


    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1YDl5qu3u
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,482
    The weird thing is the South Beach Diet recommends regular may, not the low fat, light or whatever and says to NOT get the version of Miracle Whip. They didn't specifically say why, but suspect way too many artificial crud ingredients in those knock-offs.

    I prefer Hellman's.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    What’s America’s favorite condiment? Hint: it’s not ketchup. The answer is mayonnaise: specifically Hellmann’s, which the nation apparently slops on everything except french fries.
    Not this American. The only thing I can tolerate mayo in is tuna salad. Otherwise keep that stuff away from me.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,106
    Mayonnaise is the Devils semen.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Mayonnaise is the Devils semen.
    Don't do this to me! Now I'll think of this every time we have it. :D:eek:

    Hey, the folks in Belgium use it with their fries. I use it with tuna salad, avacado and tomato salad, etc. SR likes it, too.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,106
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Don't do this to me! Now I'll think of this every time we have it. :D:eek:

    Hey, the folks in Belgium use it with their fries. I use it with tuna salad, avacado and tomato salad, etc. SR likes it, too.
    That woman eats it too, I hate every iota of a mayonnaise!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That woman eats it too, I hate every iota of a mayonnaise!:eek:
    Real men avoid that French pussy stuff..Pickled eggs,Smoked Ham hocks, Sourkraut and beer, Real American food..:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The weird thing is the South Beach Diet recommends regular may, not the low fat, light or whatever and says to NOT get the version of Miracle Whip. They didn't specifically say why, but suspect way too many artificial crud ingredients in those knock-offs.

    I prefer Hellman's.
    I love mayo but that low fat crap is really nasty tasting. My brother and his wife are on some kinda diet and they mix mayo and mustard together. Taste great... similar to Kraft sandwich spread.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,910
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Don't do this to me! Now I'll think of this every time we have it. :D:eek:

    Hey, the folks in Belgium use it with their fries. I use it with tuna salad, avacado and tomato salad, etc. SR likes it, too.
    I've had it with fries.
    Not bad!

    It's even better on a big BLT...



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 09-18-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,076
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I've had it with fries.
    Not bad!

    It's even better on a big BLT...



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mayo mixed with salsa makes an interesting dip for fries.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •