1. #1 Obama Admin Launches New Agency 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Great moments in government website creation:
    Today we are thrilled to unveil DHS’s new website, StudyintheStates.dhs.gov.

It’s with great pleasure that I was fortunate to attend the unveiling of the Study in the States website by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano at the University of Wisconsin – Madison today.

Together with our partner agencies...

You can read more about the Study in the States initiative on the DHS blog.

~~~~

Great, another Gov agency to watch us.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Oh, my Lord:
    ....to enhance our nation’s economic, scientific, and technological competitiveness by finding new, innovative ways to encourage the “best and brightest” international students to study and remain in the United States while we maintain our national security standards.
    If we remain/become the best and the brightest nation we will attract the best/brightest students. If we are not first rate then we will have the same uphill battle that England and Canada do in attracting doctors.

In his first two years FDR established 65 new agencies. I believe they are all still alive and well.:(

Obama. God:mad:

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Oh, my Lord:

If we remain/become the best and the brightest nation we will attract the best/brightest students. If we are not first rate then we will have the same uphill battle that England and Canada do in attracting doctors.

In his first two years FDR established 65 new agencies. I believe they are all still alive and well.:(

Obama. God:mad:
    I don't think we need to "attract" doctors, I think we need to groom them.

We have kids who are bright, who can do math and science, and who refuse to go to school either because it's noisy, violent, and functioning beneath their capacity... or because it requires that they take classes that don't serve a meaningful personal goal.

We have artificially extended childhood in this country, and our high school drop out rate is showing that we need to rethink the options we give teenagers. Generic high school educations and generic college degrees in nonproductive areas of study is giving us a generation of people with degrees who aren't qualified to do anything.

We shouldn't be importing doctors, we should be growing doctors. A huge roadblock to that end is that we have a bunch of education majors and other self-proclaimed academics driving the education bus, and if they can't make the demographics of the programs fit their philosophy, then they will shut down the programs rather than deal with the reality.