Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Why Obama should withdraw (Chicago Tribune) 
    When Ronald Reagan ran for re-election in 1984, his slogan was "Morning in America." For Barack Obama, it's more like midnight in a coal mine.

The sputtering economy is about to stall out, unemployment is high, his jobs program may not pass, foreclosures are rampant and the poor guy can't even sneak a cigarette.

His approval rating is at its lowest level ever. His party just lost two House elections ó one in a district it had held for 88 consecutive years. He's staked his future on the jobs bill, which most Americans don't think would work.

The vultures are starting to circle. Former White House spokesman Bill Burton said that unless Obama can rally the Democratic base, which is disillusioned with him, "it's going to be impossible for the president to win." Democratic consultant James Carville had one word of advice for Obama: "Panic."

But there is good news for the president. I checked the Constitution, and he is under no compulsion to run for re-election. He can scrap the campaign, bag the fundraising calls and never watch another Republican debate as long as he's willing to vacate the premises by Jan. 20, 2013. ...
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,5039308.story

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Thats got to smart for obama. The Chicago Tribune leans to the left with its reporting. This paper has attacked any one who dared ask a difficult question of obama early on. For it now to call for him to walk away, that has to smart.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I don't think he can give up the sky bus or be able to afford Michelle's lobster and vacation habit if he leaves office.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 09-18-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sonnabend
    I don't think he has a choice. He can run and possibly lose by a small margin, lose by a landslide...or scrape in a win. With his numbers as they are,. and his support diminishing every day, to run for re election may be a gamble that will backfire badly.

Obama is not a gambler, he plays it safe and hides behind the Dems skirts..but even they have had enough of his idiocy.

My guess is he will see if the situation improves and run, or step back and be a one term president. The issue then is :

Can the Republicans field a viable and valid candidate, and one that has a chance of winning.

Romney: a non starter..he doesnt have what it takes and the fact he lost in the last primary runoffs means even if he tries, he wont have broad enough support to maintain that impetus.

Huckabee is finished.

Thompson bowed out early, and his campaign was halfassed to start with. Another non starter.

McCain lost the last one, and i can't see him running again,. His shenanigans with Governor Palin screwed him bigtime, the issue is his potential VP running mate cant trust him and his staff to not bury the hatchet..in them. The abuse meted out to Governor Palin is a clear warning that McCains staff will scapegoat them if they lose.His credibility is shot.

Ron Paul is a sick joke, his son is a nutter, both are morons, and neither commands enough support to even consider running again. We can expect more RonDroids to come out of the woodwork..he appeals to the lunatic fringe only.

No one will vote for the village idiot and his apprentice.

Nader is a wedge issue only, and has no clear majority, nor does he have the support of anyone worth mentioning.

Perry is the possible front runner..and so far the only one. But if he is to run he better get started and soon, he will be running against an incumbent and that will make it harder for him to gain a foothold.

So this is the nub of it: The GOP had better get started and field a valid candidate soon..otherwise expect another four years of that golfaholic absentee in the Oval.

It says a lot that in the one crowning moment, the one where he could have solidified support and be seen as a good President, all that has been heard about his "decisions" is that he didn't have the guts to make one. He dithered and ummed and aahed, others made the call he was too much of a coward to make himself.

Then he tried to take credit, and people laughed.

On top of all of that, Obama is a Muslim apologist, and an appeaser. He has kissed up to America's enemies, and the First Sasquatch has proved she doesnt give a shit about anyone but herself.

Obama may gamble and run again, my best guess is he won't...or he will withdraw at the last moment. The emperor has no clothes and no brains.

And even those who voted for him now ask themselves why they did it.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    You can almost hear the facepalms of libtards smacking themselves for not electing Hillary over this idiot.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Thats got to smart for obama. The Chicago Tribune leans to the left with its reporting. This paper has attacked any one who dared ask a difficult question of obama early on. For it now to call for him to walk away, that has to smart.
    The Tribune has been a conservative newspaper for a long time, its just the openly biased blogosphere has moved the goalposts.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    The Tribune has been a conservative newspaper for a long time, its just the openly biased blogosphere has moved the goalposts.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Wow you weren't joking. The paper endorsed Bush in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tribune

It also endorsed Obama for the Senate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by the director View Post
    Wow you weren't joking. The paper endorsed Bush in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tribune
    In one of the bluest states and a city that is run by a democratic machine. Apocalypse, you might wanna actually check before you just say everything has a liberal bias.