1. #1 The Cloward-Piven Artificial Crisis [Obama's way of destroying the economy] 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Liberals self-righteously wrap themselves in the mantle of public spirit. They ardently promote policies promising to deliver the poor and oppressed from their latest misery — policies which can only find solution in the halls of government. But no matter what issue one examines, over the last fifty plus years, the liberal prescription has almost always been a failure.

Why is this so? Why does virtually every liberal scheme result in ever-increasing public spending while conditions seem to get continually worse? There are a number of reasons:

The programs usually create adverse incentives
    . This is especially true in so-called “anti-poverty” programs. The beneficiaries find government subsidies a replacement for, rather than a supplement to, gainful employment and eventually become incapable of supporting themselves. This in turn creates a dependent culture with its attendant toxic behaviors which demand still more government “remedies.”

The programs create their own industry, complete with scads of “think tanks” and “experts” who survive on government research grants. These are the aptly named “Beltway Bandits.

They create their own bureaucracies, whose managers conspire with interested members of Congress to continually increase program funding, regardless of merit.[B][B][B][B]

Members of Congress secure votes and campaign donations by extorting them from beneficiaries of such programs, either through veiled threats — “vote for me or those mean Republicans will wipe out your benefits” — or promises of still more bennies.

In short, all develop a vested interest in the program’s survival. But if the result is always more and more government, of government, by government, and for government, with no solution in sight, then why do liberals always see government as the solution rather than the problem?

snip
    Why?

When things go bad all the time, despite the best efforts of all involved, I suggest to you something else is at work — something deeper, more malevolent......I submit to you that it is not a mistake, the failure is deliberate!

There is a method to the madness, and the method even has a name: the Cloward-Piven Strategy. It was first elucidated in the 1960s by a pair of radical leftist Columbia University professors, Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven:

The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis…. …the “Cloward-Piven Strategy”
    seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/?p=1878

The whole Cloward-Piven thing is a fundamentally flawed strategy, to work as envisioned it requires a non-adaptive system that is incapable of making any adjustment to social benefits during a crisis of means, which is only true in the short term for us; it also requires a recipient population that sees more benefit in getting nothing at all from the existing system, and so would rather wreck it and start over, although most of the mass of the population really is at least street-smart enough to know they would be screwed as much if not more by any ad hoc government than they are by a system that is under-delivering on the Skittle-shitting unicorns.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    The whole Cloward-Piven thing is a fundamentally flawed strategy, to work as envisioned it requires a non-adaptive system that is incapable of making any adjustment to social benefits during a crisis of means, which is only true in the short term for us; it also requires a recipient population that sees more benefit in getting nothing at all from the existing system, and so would rather wreck it and start over, although most of the mass of the population really is at least street-smart enough to know they would be screwed as much if not more by any ad hoc government than they are by a system that is under-delivering on the Skittle-shitting unicorns.

Although I am not completely sold on Cloward - Piven conspiracies, I would have to differ with you on the cognitive ability of an embarrassingly large % of our population. We already KNOW the inevitable demise of social security/medicare and yet we have a President and his supporters ignoring this fact and either pushing for the status quo or FURTHER harming the system by stealing funding from it to fund Obama care.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Although I am not completely sold on Cloward - Piven conspiracies, I would have to differ with you on the cognitive ability of an embarrassingly large % of our population. We already KNOW the inevitable demise of social security/medicare and yet we have a President and his supporters ignoring this fact and either pushing for the status quo or FURTHER harming the system by stealing funding from it to fund Obama care.
    Fortunatley most of the really stupid ones are also really cowardly.