Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I personally don't have a problem with tolls for highways and bridges provided the receipts are strictly used for the maintenance and operation of same. I really can't think of a more fair way to support such infrastructure than charging the people that actually use it. It sure beat the feds taxing folks in NJ for a highway or bridge in California and vice versa. The problem at the moment is that both are in place.
    And don't forget we're taxed to death already in this state Ape. When I tell people what property taxes are here, especially with new houses, they can't believe it. Personally, I believe that things like tolls and beach tags should be for out of state people only.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And don't forget we're taxed to death already in this state Ape. When I tell people what property taxes are here, especially with new houses, they can't believe it. Personally, I believe that things like tolls and beach tags should be for out of state people only.

I disagree, NJ, but keep in mind that my support of tolls is predicated on them being used in lieu of taxes, and we both know that ain't the case. Therefore, I see it as just another double dip that our state is so well known for.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I disagree, NJ, but keep in mind that my support of tolls is predicated on them being used in lieu of taxes, and we both know that ain't the case. Therefore, I see it as just another double dip that our state is so well known for.
    Try being an truck driver and having to pay to go to new york :(

Banned
    Yes, but one has to factor in that you're stupid when taking into consideration anything that you think.
    Plus 1