Some of these tasks are:
* oversee entering into and carry out contracts, leases, cooperative agreements or any other transactions as are necessary
* to approve the acquisition, lease, pledge, exchange and disposal of real personal property
* to review all financial assistance packages to all eligible infrastructure projects" which includes “any non-Federal transportation, water, or energy infrastructure project, or an aggregation of such infrastructure projects, as provided in this Act
* the construction, alteration, or repair, including the facilitation of intermodal transit, of the following subsectors:
· Highways or roads.
· Mass transit.
· Inland waterways.
· Commercial ports.
· Air traffic control systems.
· Passenger rail, including high-speed rail.
· Freight rail systems.
· Waterwaste treatment facilities.
· Storm water management systems.
· Solid waste disposal facilities.
· Drinking water treatment facilities.
· Open space management systems.
· Pollution reduced energy generation.
· Transmission and distribution.
· Energy efficiency enhancements for buildings, including public and commercial buildings.