Thread: Attacked by thugs, but then ignored by Minneapolis cops

Hybrid View

1. #1 Attacked by thugs, but then ignored by Minneapolis cops 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Rafael Lopez is a U.S. Army veteran who served two yearlong tours in Iraq. The first, in 2003-2004, he describes as nerve-racking. The second, which came after the troop surge, he describes as almost like a vacation.

But the war did not prepare the 27-year-old for what happened to him and a group of his friends one recent morning in downtown Minneapolis, which some folks say resembles the Wild, Wild West these days.

Lopez, of Coon Rapids, and two married couples he knows were attacked by a gang of 10 men ages 16 to early 20s, shortly after the group of friends left the Aqua nightclub in the city's Warehouse District early Sept. 2. The brazen assault took place not more than 30 feet from the 1st Police Precinct station on Fourth Street between Hennepin Avenue and First Avenue North.

Now, if I were going to get assaulted, I would think that being next to a police station would be the best place to be. Help is next door, right? Not that morning, according to an internal affairs unit complaint filed by the group last weekend.
    SHE SAID COP SAID 'NOT MY PROBLEM'
    The assault took place after members of the gang of assailants crossed paths with Lopez and his friends - Joshua Rivera, 27, and his wife, Magdalena Malajowicz, 26, of Blaine, and Joshua's brother, Jonathan Rivera, 19, and his wife, Bobbie, 19, of Coon Rapids - as the group walked to their car.
    snip
    Magdalena, according to the complaint, was punched in the head as she tried to pull one of Lopez's assailants from him. That's when she ran up the police station's steps for help. She passed through the front door, but the second one leading into the station was locked. She began gesturing wildly for the officer visible on the other side of the glass door to come out, "but he just shrugged his shoulders," according to the complaint.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_1891378...twincities.com

Fabulous Poster
    This is precisely why stupid laws which prohibit concealed carry in restaurants and nightclubs have to be repealed. Thugs know that law abiding citizens do not have their guns with them in bars, and are easy prey on the way from the car to the club and the club to the car.

Always carry your weapon. If you knew when you were going to be attacked, then you would be psychic and you could go pick lottery numbers.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This is precisely why stupid laws which prohibit concealed carry in restaurants and nightclubs have to be repealed. Thugs know that law abiding citizens do not have their guns with them in bars, and are easy prey on the way from the car to the club and the club to the car.

Always carry your weapon. If you knew when you were going to be attacked, then you would be psychic and you could go pick lottery numbers.
    Most of these young people take martial arts training to protect themselves in the bar scene A friend of mine has a son who was badly beaten in a bar by several guys who took exception to something he said in a private conversation they overheard......As a result he studied and mastered several Martial arts disciplines in order to protect himself..He tells me he and a number of his friends have become very proficient in Taekwondo kickboxing..Most times a demonstration of their skill is enough to stop most bullies from messing with them..

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Most of these young people take martial arts training to protect themselves in the bar scene A friend of mine has a son who was badly beaten in a bar by several guys who took exception to something he said in a private conversation they overheard......As a result he studied and mastered several Martial arts disciplines in order to protect himself..He tells me he and a number of his friends have become very proficient in Taekwondo kickboxing..Most times a demonstration of their skill is enough to stop most bullies from messing with them..
    That's a good and rewarding study. Howbeit, when you are out numbered by criminals on a rampage, you are likely to get hurt, even if you are a marine trained in hand to hand combat.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/29...ater-teen-mob/

These kinds of mob attacks are happening with greater and greater frequency.

Why do I have the feeling that something very important was left out of this story? Like a description of the attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    These kinds of mob attacks are happening with greater and greater frequency.

Why do I have the feeling that something very important was left out of this story? Like a description of the attackers.
    Because we can't hurt anyone feelings by pointing out the 600lb gorilla in the room.