Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Dude,i'm no troll..
    Yes you are.

And speaking as a member of the deviantart Anti-Troll club i'm very insulted,and hope you take back what you said.
    Crap in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fills up first.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Oh please...save the drama for your mama Nova. I knew you'd come in here trying to pass the false notion that gays have had it so rough in this country. Too bad you're blinded by your pathetic agenda to see just what a falacy this is.

Gays have been slaves? Had fire hoses and dogs turned on them? Seperate drinking fountains and bathrooms? Entire communities wiped out by men on horseback? Their churches burned and bombed? Seperate seating on busses?

Get back to me when you can prove this has happened in the same amount as has happened to the blacks in this country.
    And a few posts later I wrote:

Blacks and American Indians can waste their time fighting for the top spot in the oppression hierarchy, but it's simply a lie to say that gay people are not in that company. No, most gay people living today haven't had it "as bad" as blacks under Jim Crow, and perhaps never as group had it as bad, though it's hard to quantify "bad" in this context. At least when a black man was treated badly, he could find safety and comfort in his own family. So, perhaps this can't be measured like water, it's simply all water.

I'll go through your list anyway.

Gays have been slaves?

Many were, but not necessarily for homosexuality. The English did have a habit of "transporting" felons who were too socially connected to execute or put to hard labor. So it's reasonable to assume that many gay people were sent into bondage in the Carolinas in that period.

Had fire hoses and dogs turned on them?

Police have abused the gay community since the 19th century in this country (when the gay community first started to form) clear up until the present. Abuse came in the form of extortion, physical attacks, destruction of property and business, and the loss of jobs, property and standing.

Separate drinking fountains and bathrooms?

Well you really got me there. Separate drinking fountains really trumps the continual threat of violence or personal destruction. Being blackmailed by government agents, being harassed by military police who write down tag numbers of all the cars near gay bars, loss of security clearances, denial of employment for dishonorable discharges, culturally sanctioned terrorism in the schools.... how dare we call it harm?

Entire communities wiped out by men on horseback?

Like I said, the Indians can have the top spot in the oppression hierarchy, that doesn't mean that gay people aren't on the same list.

Their churches burned and bombed?

You mean like gay bars being bombed, burned, bombarded, or storm troopered? Have you been asleep for all that?

And let's not forget that some of the folks who look like those victims ("Bishop" Harry Jackson), stand on the steps of their churches and condemn gay people (and white people, because in their mind gay people are white people) for having the nerve to move back into formerly white neighborhoods, and fix them up changing the racial mix of the "historically black communities".

And let's not forget that the hypocritical Orthodox Jews in the Bronx who bitch and moan about the former discrimination against Jews in the US and the contemporary anti-semitism in the US, then turn around and encourage discrimination against gay people from their synagogues.

Seperate seating on busses?

Or being attacked on the bus or chased from it?

Like I said, I don't like to play oppression hierarchy, and besides the blacks, indians, and mexicans are each firmly convinced of their own place at the top. That contest isn't doing anything for them given the public perception of those communities.
    While you were hanging yourself , on someone else's words
    Dying to believe in what you heard
    I was staring straight into the shining sun

Fabulous Poster
    I'm surprised since you, as a supporter of DADT going away and self admitted gay, wouldn't rush right down and sign at the earliest opportunity.
    Does he need to apply to work for Ford to oppose discrimination in hiring and opportunity there?

Yes you are.

Crap in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fills up first.
    Dude,i'm no troll.

http://the-anti-trolls-club.deviantart.com/

I was also diagnosed with aspergers at a early age and went to a special school and special olympics.

Dude,i'm no troll.

I was also diagnosed with aspergers at a early age and went to a special school and special olympics.
    Well this explains a lot....

Dude,i'm no troll.

And speaking as a member of the deviantart Anti-Troll club i'm very insulted,and hope you take back what you said.
    So, calling us bigots and homophobes is okay, but calling you a troll is insulting and demeaning? Seriously?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    So, calling us bigots and homophobes is okay, but calling you a troll is insulting and demeaning? Seriously?
    If the shoe fits wear it doesn't mean it's OK to throw it.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Dude,i'm no troll.

Stay out of the gay battles hai, no good comes of it.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Stay out of the gay battles hai, no good comes of it.
    K.

This,to me a troll would be someone who posts goatse,insults others,or the like,i didn't do any of that.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    K.

This,to me a troll would be someone who posts goatse,insults others,or the like,i didn't do any of that.

Sometimes it is just better to stick with the topics you have fun with.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez