1. #1 Instant noodles museum opens in Japan to celebrate 40-year success 
    Celebrating 40 years since the creation of the first snack, the museum displays the history of the noodle, taking visitors on a journey from its invention to its cultural influence within Japan and the rest of the world.

Up to 10,000sq m covers the museum grounds with visitors given the chance to create their own instant recipe from thousands of combinations at the My Cup Noodle Factory. Inside, visitors can get a taste of the restaurants that serve a variety of noodles.

During the opening of the museum, 500 people queued up to enter, including the former Japanese premier, Junichiro Koizumi.

The attraction has been aimed at both adults and children, with giant instant noodle play areas built inside the complex.

Nissin's founder Momofuku Ando invented the instant noodle snack, chicken ramen noodles, in 1958 after he saw customers lining up to buy soup noodles during pot-war Japan.
    Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/stories...#ixzz1Yazie5kU

Everyone raise a noodle to salute this event!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    I hate to be a killjoy, but I see EBT shoppers buying ramen noodles by the case. While it might be thrifty to feed a person lunch for 14¢ a head, or a double portion for a mere 28¢ a head, the nutrient numbers for ramen suck.

One package of ramen noodles has 385 calories, 15 grams of fat, and 986 mg of sodium. If you prepare them in a way to mimic lo-mein then you can add the calories and fat of the oil you use.

A package of ramen is roughly the equivalent of eating a McChicken sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I hate to be a killjoy, but I see EBT shoppers buying ramen noodles by the case. While it might be thrifty to feed a person lunch for 14¢ a head, or a double portion for a mere 28¢ a head, the nutrient numbers for ramen suck.

One package of ramen noodles has 385 calories, 15 grams of fat, and 986 mg of sodium. If you prepare them in a way to mimic lo-mein then you can add the calories and fat of the oil you use.

My grandpa discovered ramen noodles a couple of years ago. I was visiting him, and he was explaining to me how he found a new product that is so much cheaper than Campbell's soup, and pulled out a package of ramen noodles. I laughed and told him that college students live off of those things. He makes it as soup, though.

I use ramen noodles in "chinese cole slaw"-the cabbage salad with the vinegar/soy sauce dressing and sunflower seeds.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

they are cheap, only reason people buy them. Personally I don't use all the packet or one for 2 packs of noodles, then will add veggies and some of my own seasoning.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry