Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 5 foods that can trigger a stroke... 
    Few things feel more terrifying and random than a stroke, which can strike without warning. And fear of stroke -- when a blood vessel in or leading to the brain bursts or is blocked by a blood clot, starving brain cells of oxygen and nutrients -- is well founded. After all, stroke is the number-three killer in the U.S., affecting more than 700,000 people each year. Here are five foods that cause the damage that leads to stroke.

The list

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    everything is bad for you, might as well stop eating :eek:
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    everything is bad for you, might as well stop eating :eek:
    Now that's downright unhealthy!

I'll stick with my chips'n'dip and red meat rare with lots of fat... I've made it to 72, and you can, too.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Now that's downright unhealthy!

:D

What's the point in life if you can't enjoy it? Fuck these "they may be bad for you" things. It tastes good, so I'm going to eat it. I'd rather die at 65 having lived a good life, then die at 85 eating like a vegan.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    What's the point in life if you can't enjoy it? Fuck these "they may be bad for you" things. It tastes good, so I'm going to eat it. I'd rather die at 65 having lived a good life, then die at 85 eating like a vegan.
    I know what you mean. But........

My dad's family had a history of arteriosclerosis. His brother demanded no one could get him to change his diet or quit drinking, etc. "You have to die some day"

My poor Aunt had her hands full with the guy. He was always having heart attack and strokes. He did die, like everyone else. But he was buried one piece at a time. First a foot, then a leg, then another leg, then the rest of the leg, etc....my Aunt had him to take care plus her career as a director of nursing for a large hospital.

What a way to fucking live. No thanks. At least when my dad died, he was all in one piece.

Fabulous Poster
    I've pretty much eliminated all of those foods. I confess that I have a CLEAR diet soda now and then (clear soda being much safer). But I haven't had red meat or much processed food since May 9, 2011, aka 75 pounds ago today.

Yeah, I over did it on the salt restriction, but I'm back to normal now and the same dietary rules (albeit now ensuring that I get both enough sodium and not too much sodium) are taking the weight off painlessly.

When I am 65 my youngest family member will be 28 years old. There is a good chance my mother will still be alive. I would prefer to see my niece into her 40's at a minimum. I would like to live to see my grandnephews/nieces grow up. I realize, I am asking a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I've pretty much eliminated all of those foods. I confess that I have a CLEAR diet soda now and then (clear soda being much safer). But I haven't had red meat or much processed food since May 9, 2011, aka 75 pounds ago today.

Yeah, I over did it on the salt restriction, but I'm back to normal now and the same dietary rules (albeit now ensuring that I get both enough sodium and not too much sodium) are taking the weight off painlessly.

When I am 65 my youngest family member will be 28 years old. There is a good chance my mother will still be alive. I would prefer to see my niece into her 40's at a minimum. I would like to live to see my grandnephews/nieces grow up. I realize, I am asking a lot.
    Good job on the elimination of 75 lbs...

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    hey now, there are some damn good vegan recopies out there AND stuff you already eat that are vegan that you didn't know where, like Oreo's :p
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    hey now, there are some damn good vegan recopies out there AND stuff you already eat that are vegan that you didn't know where, like Oreo's :p
    Fortunately my local health food supermarket isn't vegan, so I can enjoy portions of Thai tuna, some kind of shrimp, curry chicken, and a taste of feta or bleu cheese all from the salad/food bar.

But no one should kid himself about health food store food. A lot of that stuff on the food bar, in the hot food case, and in the deli is loaded with olive oil and salt.