Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I don't think so. Albert Fish, H.Mudd looked FORWARD to their execution.

So....yeah.

~QC
    There are arguements for both sides of the Death Penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    There are arguements for both sides of the Death Penalty.
    Who you telling. :)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    There are times when killing is necessary, but not when a person is already in a cage.
    Since you mention it, should I be beaten and raped in prison by lifers who have nothing to fear because they already have life sentences?

Should the lifers be confined to their own prisons, so they can only prey on each other? Even if that is the case, wouldn't the weaker lifers be experiencing state sanctioned torture at the hand of the lifers?

What exactly are we to do with violent and malevolent lifers who wake up in the morning thinking about who they are going to victimize today?

And what about the guards? Since we won't let the guards run the prison with absolute compliance, obedience, order, and respect (or else) then how can we ask these people to go into a workplace where they might be harmed by an incorrigible monster that society simply doesn't have the stomach to execute?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I don't think so. Albert Fish, H.Mudd looked FORWARD to their execution.

So....yeah.

~QC
    I think we should at least give the convicts the choice of life or execution. I think I would take execution, but I suppose I could never really know unless I were in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Since you mention it, should I be beaten and raped in prison by lifers who have nothing to fear because they already have life sentences?

Should the lifers be confined to their own prisons, so they can only prey on each other? Even if that is the case, wouldn't the weaker lifers be experiencing state sanctioned torture at the hand of the lifers?

What exactly are we to do with violent and malevolent lifers who wake up in the morning thinking about who they are going to victimize today?

And what about the guards? Since we won't let the guards run the prison with absolute compliance, obedience, order, and respect (or else) then how can we ask these people to go into a workplace where they might be harmed by an incorrigible monster that society simply doesn't have the stomach to execute?
    Well said!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sonnabend
    Torture is never acceptable. Sometimes it is necessary to kill another human being, but torture degrades their very humanity.
    In the chair in front of you is a man who tells you he has the information as to where an eight year old girl has been buried alive, and will die in less than less than 12 hours. He sits there and smugly demands his "rights".

Her life is in your hands.

What would you do?

Punishing people can be done by stripping them of their freedoms, their property, and most of their civil rights.
    Which is what this man did when he murdered a man because of the colour of his skin,

However, kiilling people should be done only when necessary (like police shooting an armed gunman, or soldiers killing enemy combatants in a warzone). It is never necessary to kill a man in a cage, that is about revenge, and it's sick
    Fine, don't kill him in a cage. Take him outside where the sun is shining and the birds are singing, then take five men and five rifles with 30.06 cartridges, put him up against a wall and blow his head off.

As for torture, that's even worse, torture violates humanity itself, torture is obscene. Torture is always wrong. Period
    There are only three things to remember about torture.

Red is positive.
    Black is negative.
    Make sure his balls are wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think we should at least give the convicts the choice of life or execution. I think I would take execution, but I suppose I could never really know unless I were in that situation.
    Most would take life with the condition of prisons at present. If LWOP meant using some of those Alaskan and Pacific atolls we don't use to stash these people for a while. . .it would be a meaningful choice.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

He's dead now.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.