1. #1 symbols tagged on planes 
    Southwest Airlines has quietly been investigating several strange acts of vandalism on their aircraft for months, and federal agencies have gotten involved.

ABC15 in Phoenix first broke the news that the mysterious marks, which appeared on several of Southwest's 737 aircraft, seem to be either Arabic or Arabic-type symbols. A company-wide internal memo from Southwest Airlines Executive Vice President Mike Van de Ven, obtained by ABC 15, explains that "these unauthorized markings typically appear as symbols or words tagged on the exterior of the aircraft." However, the letter also asks staffers to be vigilant about any suspicious activity and reveals that both local and federal agencies are involved in the investigation.

story

[youtube]51j7BcMbHfw[/youtube]

no translation yet??? happy landings. i hope
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

2. #2 Feds Probe Possible Arabic-Type Markings On Southwest Jets 
    LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Federal agencies were working with Southwest Airlines on Thursday to determine who has been vandalizing their aircraft with mysterious markings.

KNX 1070 investigative reporter Charles Feldman has learned that since February, several Southwest jets have been vandalized with mysterious writings that show up on the underbelly of their 737 passenger aircraft.

The writings — which some have interpreted as being either Arabic or Arabic-type symbols — appeared to have been done with a chemical process that reveals the text once an auxiliary power unit is turned on and heats up the outside skin of the aircraft, according to Feldman.

While it remains unclear how many aircraft are involved, the trend has reportedly increased in recent weeks.

Southwest Airlines has ordered its employees not to discuss the matter with the media, Feldman said.

In a statement to KNX 1070, Southwest said it is working with authorities to find those responsible for what the company called “vandalism”, but it’s not clear how many people are involved.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...outhwest-jets/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I put this up yesterday. but i think in the wrong forum

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=44642

[youtube]51j7BcMbHfw[/youtube]

Southwest Airlines has quietly been investigating several strange acts of vandalism on their aircraft for months, and federal agencies have gotten involved.

ABC15 in Phoenix first broke the news that the mysterious marks, which appeared on several of Southwest's 737 aircraft, seem to be either Arabic or Arabic-type symbols. A company-wide internal memo from Southwest Airlines Executive Vice President Mike Van de Ven, obtained by ABC 15, explains that "these unauthorized markings typically appear as symbols or words tagged on the exterior of the aircraft." However, the letter also asks staffers to be vigilant about any suspicious activity and reveals that both local and federal agencies are involved in the investigation.

a low tech form of communication???

Sounds to me like they are scouting planes that they think they can take. Or it's a coded way of saying "the bomb is on this plane".

In any case I hope this is taken seriously and not just thought of as a case of vandalism.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Sounds to me like they are scouting planes that they think they can take. Or it's a coded way of saying "the bomb is on this plane".

In any case I hope this is taken seriously and not just thought of as a case of vandalism.
    just what i was thinking. and its probably done on other major carriers

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    just what i was thinking. and its probably done on other major carriers
    If they discover it on other carriers planes...then IMHO you have a clear pattern of a series of dry runs being conducted prior to the actual event.

Fabulous Poster
    Counting coup
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Counting coup refers to the winning of prestige in battle by the Plains Indians of North America. Warriors won prestige by acts of bravery in the face of the enemy, and these acts could be recorded in various ways and retold as stories. Any blow struck against the enemy counted as a coup, but the most prestigious acts included touching an enemy warrior with the hand, bow, or with a coup stick then escaping unharmed.[1] Touching the first enemy to die in battle or touching the enemy's defensive works also counted as coup.[1] Counting coup could also involve stealing an enemy's weapons or horses tied up to his lodge in camp.[1] Risk of injury or death was required to count coup.

Escaping unharmed while counting coup was considered a higher honor than being wounded in the attempt.[1] A warrior who won coup was permitted to wear an eagle feather in his hair.[1] If he had been wounded in the attempt, however, he was required to paint the feather red to indicate this.[1]

After a battle or exploit, the people of a tribe would gather together to recount their acts of bravery and "count coup." Coups were recorded by putting notches in a coup stick.[1] Indians of the Pacific Northwest would tie an eagle feather to their coup stick for each coup counted, but many tribes did not follow this tradition.[1] White men and Native Americans would also compete against each other for "coup" counted.

we have our first suspect

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    we have our first suspect
    You don't think that part of a game of psychological warfare (which is a component of terrorism) would be showing the American people, "See, we can reach out and touch grandma and grandpa on their way to Disney."?

Sonnabend
    Counting coup refers to the winning of prestige in battle by the Plains Indians of North America.
    There were Muslim Indians?????????????

Warriors won prestige by acts of bravery in the face of the enemy, and these acts could be recorded in various ways and retold as stories. Any blow struck against the enemy counted as a coup, but the most prestigious acts included touching an enemy warrior with the hand, bow, or with a coup stick then escaping unharmed.[1] Touching the first enemy to die in battle or touching the enemy's defensive works also counted as coup.[1] Counting coup could also involve stealing an enemy's weapons or horses tied up to his lodge in camp.[1] Risk of injury or death was required to count coup.
    Followed shortly thereafter by a sudden BOOM and the one counting coup assuming room temperature.

After a battle or exploit, the people of a tribe would gather together to recount their acts of bravery and "count coup." Coups were recorded by putting notches in a coup stick.[1] Indians of the Pacific Northwest would tie an eagle feather to their coup stick for each coup counted, but many tribes did not follow this tradition.[1] White men and Native Americans would also compete against each other for "coup" counted.
    Mohammed the Mohican?

You don't think that part of a game of psychological warfare (which is a component of terrorism) would be showing the American people, "See, we can reach out and touch grandma and grandpa on their way to Disney."?
    And the American people say in return "We can reach out and touch you too, but please, don't run"

"You'll only die tired"