1. #1 Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns 
    Remember how Obama recently waived new ozone regulations at the EPA because they were too costly? Well, it seems that the Obama administration is would rather make people with Asthma cough up money than let them make a surely inconsequential contribution to depleting the ozone layer:

Asthma patients who rely on over-the-counter inhalers will need to switch to prescription-only alternatives as part of the federal government's latest attempt to protect the Earth's atmosphere.

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday patients who use the epinephrine inhalers to treat mild asthma will need to switch by Dec. 31 to other types that do not contain chlorofluorocarbons, an aerosol substance once found in a variety of spray products....
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ns_594113.html

Once inhalers are prescription only, a nice little panel can come in and deny the patient the inhaler. THAT'S the point of this legislation.

It's all about control---and a president who is remarkably out of touch with mere mortals. Politicians in general have lots of stuff given to him. But the annointed one just about has folks carrying him on their shoulders so his delicate feet don't hit the ground.

As long as he can waste taxpayers dollars jetting around on Air Force 1 at the same time he's berating the corporate jet owners, he'll continue with his charade. He's a spoiled punk with no compassion for people who have to work for a living.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a bunch of stupid fucking morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    My mom uses inhalers, and they cost a fortune. I's hard to imagine that the tiny bit of gas they release is worth restricting.

I would think that a can of carburetor cleaner puts out more pollutants than a lifetime of inhalers. But I'm not a chemist.

I don't have asthma, but those over the counter inhalers are expensive. If they are prescription inhalers/Albuterol, then insurance/Medicare/Medicaid will cover them. Albuterol works well, too, and asthmatics don't have to hit it as much as they do the OTC/Primatene inhalers.

A lot of the kids I work with have asthma. I don't know whether it is a condition that african-americans are genetically vulnerable to, whether it's because of the city's garbage incinerator, or a combination of those factors that is the cause of it. What I do know is that Albuterol works for all of them.