1. #1 Conservatives Say It Out Loud: They Hate Democracy 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Yeah...sure.

Donnachaidh (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-24-11 08:43 AM
    Original message Conservatives Say It Out Loud: They Hate Democracy

http://www.truth-out.org/conservativ...t-out-loud-...

The roots of today's toxic conservative movement lie in Ayn Rand's teaching that wealthy "producers" -- now called "job creators" -- should be left alone by the government, namely the rest of us. The rest of us are "freeloaders," "moochers," "leeches" and "parasites" who feed off these producers and who shouldn't be allowed to make decisions to collect taxes from them or regulate them or interfere in most other ways. The Randians hate democracy, and say so, declaring that "collectivism" sacrifices individual rights to majority wishes.

For decades these selfish, childish, "you can't make me" beliefs stayed largely below the radar, because conservatives understood that voicing them in public risked alienating ... well, anyone with any sense at all. But for various reasons sense has departed the country and conservatives are finally saying it out loud, for everyone to hear: they hate democracy. They want to limit the country's decision-making and the rewards of our society and economy to those they feel "deserve" to be on top, namely the "producers" and "job-creators."

Writing in Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American conservative columnist Matthew Vadum reflects these views, writing that democracy is "like handing out burglary tools to criminals." He writes,

It is profoundly antisocial and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population to destroy the country -- which is precisely why Barack Obama zealously supports registering welfare recipients to vote.

More at the link --

Donna, shouldn't you be walking to NYC or some other city that's protesting Wall Street?? Go light a candle or send a pic of your hand or some other useless libtard gesture. :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Democrats wrongly assume that the US is a democracy. It isn't. It's a republic. Democracy is nothing more than mob rule. To democrats this is preferable. All they have to do is get a big enough mob, a violent enough mob, and they get to rule.

The best examination of this peculiarity of liberal democracy that I have ever seen was in Ann Coulter's book Demonic.

What does any of that nonsensical screed have to do with democracy?

I'll say it; I hate DIMocRATcy.
    Now a Republic I like.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

maybe Donnachaidh works for a homeless man...........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Some of the DUers are trying to find a way to rob from those who create, to silence those disagree, and imprison those who will not yield.

Fore these people it easier to steal from someone who creates, then find a way to help those who don't.
    They tell the mob " That man has a nice house, plenty to eat and makes a good living; you have none of those things. I tell you brothers, that man is thief, a cheat, he is selfess and he hates all of you. Burn down his house , take his food and destroy his livelyhood. That way there will be justice."

To this person, the Indivual is always the enemy, and the mob is the club he would use to beat them to death with. He leaves misery in his wake, and leaves communities poorer then he found them. This person doesn't know how to create, and destruction is his ownly expression. He wants everyone to as misable as he is; this is his true goal.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Just Democrats, not democracy. Though democracy seems to have a few tiny flaws such as the fact that a useless eater contributing nothing but incoherent internet ravings has as much say as any productive member of society, paying his or her own way plus supporting said useless eater. No system's perfect, I guess.

Common sense in this country seems to be eroding...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    What does any of that nonsensical screed have to do with democracy?
    He's on a roll. Just let him go.

I'll bite: They hate democracy.