Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Both the Federal Reserve and the Post Office are publicly chartered (by the Federal government) corporations.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    'Twas painful in the short run. Does this mean you believe he should not have closed the bank?

The period after Jackson - talking 1840 to 1860 here - was a period during which the country grew exponentially. There was a panic in 1837, after Jackson left, and it lasted some years (can't think of another depression you are blaming on Jackson) but the country recovered nicely.
    It was Jackson's polices and hatred for the Bank that lead to his repealing the charter and pulling all the Federal Gov money out of the Bank lead to the Panic of 1837 and a depression that lasted till 1844 and didn't fully recover till Polk reestablished the Treasury department.

His reasoning's?
    • It concentrated the nation's financial strength in a single institution.
    • It exposed the government to control by foreign interests.
    • It served mainly to make the rich richer.
    • It exercised too much control over members of Congress.
    • It favored northeastern states over southern and western states.
    • Banks are controlled by a few select families.
    • Banks have a long history of instigating wars between nations, forcing them to borrow funding to pay for them.

sounds familiar doesn't it? Dems haven't changed their tune in almost 200 years. While there needed to be changes and some regulation put in place that lead to the massive land speculation that resembled the housing bubble that burst in 2008.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Why don't they get some rich liberals to pool their money and open a bank and run it the way they think a bank should be run?