Hybrid View

1. #1 Havana Brown Rare Cat Breed 
    Havana Brown

Looking for cute pictures of the Havana Brown? Check out Petside's Havana Brown slideshow, and decide if this cat is the cutest cat breed!

The Havana Brown is a man-made breed. In the early 1950's, a group of English breeders worked to create a solid brown cat. The cats used were a black domestic and a seal or chocolate point Siamese.

Several theories exist as to how the breed got its name. Some historians insist it was named after the rabbit of the same color. However, most Havana Brown fans choose to believe that the breed name refers to the color of a fine Havana cigar.
    The first Havana Brown was imported into North America in the mid 1950's. In England, the word "brown" has been dropped from the name while breeders in North America have maintained the name and the look of the early imports.

Havana Browns have a mahogany-toned glossy brown coat. The coat is smooth, close lying and very soft. Havana's whiskers are also brown.
    This lithe-looking cat is heavier than it appears. Its medium sized body is muscular and powerful, but also elegant and graceful. Males tend to be larger than females, usually weighing around eight to ten pounds, while the females average six to eight.

The Havana Brown has a charming, playful manner and a soft voice. They are sociable, affectionate and intelligent cats. A people-oriented breed, they love human companionship and adapt easily to new situations
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I love cats (and dogs, and just about everything else too). When my obnoxious old man is gone, I will not have any more cats, but if I did, it would be a Rag Doll. Although this one sounds good too.