Thread: Sister Wives

1. #1 Sister Wives 
    Last night aired the premier of the 2nd season of Sister Wives. A reality show that depicts a family of Fundamental Mormons....who practice Polygamy.

I watched last season, and I have to say....they seem Normal. The husband, Kody Brown seems egotistical to me...and he acts like he's going through a second adolescence, but the wives seem normal, smart, and just regular people. Three of them came from Polygamy families, 1 chose it. They all seem to be enamoured by their husband, and the children SEEM to be well adjusted, although a few of the teen girls say they would not enter polygamy for themselves.

It's kind of like a guilty pleasure. The family dynamics are weird but normal at the same time.

Personally, I couldn't share a man.....any thoughts??

Have never seen it. Is it on Showtime or one of the other premium cable channels? We had bad timing---a few weeks after signing up for Verizon's Fios and entering a 2 year agreement, they suddenly changed to no obligations. They renigned on various other things, so we eliminated the premium stations to cut down that bill.

Do the wives wear normal clothes or do they dress like the Amish? There are so many Amish/Mennonites here. It looks like you've stepped into another century when riding down the main street here in Sarasota traversing their area.

And no, I wouldn't be into the team wife approach. It would be like being a legal secretary or paralegal to a really arrogant attorney. I guess that's the only way that I can explain the dynamic that pops into my head. Perhaps I have an aversion to being subservient. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Saw it and God help them when the kids start to go to college I hope they get some help or they are really smart or play a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    Saw it and God help them when the kids start to go to college I hope they get some help or they are really smart or play a sport.
    Like tag-team wrestling?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I thought Polygamy was illegal?

I would never have a man, so can't answer your question. But I would never share a woman either, it's way too confusing for the kids and the relationship between the adults.

Actors on TV try to make things look normal that are not.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I thought Polygamy was illegal?

I would never have a man, so can't answer your question. But I would never share a woman either, it's way too confusing for the kids and the relationship between the adults.

Actors on TV try to make things look normal that are not.
    They are not actors, it's a reality show. And yes, it is illegal in Utah,but they just moved to Vegas..lol

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Its one of the kid's favorite shows! She's shocked that they are committing a crime on t.v. and I think she watches to see the big bust.
    Kody is a total misogynistic CREEP! He preaches that he is fundamental Mormon, although they wear normal clothes, I see no sign of "garments" that a true LDS follower wears and they break the tenets of the faith in some small way on every episode. For instance he and the first wife drinking alcohol, wife number two drinks coffee and coke with caffiene-huge no no's in the LDS faith.
    I work with many very devout Mormon's who live by their faith and I respect them for that, no matter what I think of the faith they have chosen. Kody does not live by the faith. He's basically a cad who wants to fool around and is using religion as a shield.
    I too feel sorry for the kids, hard enough to have your adolescence on national t.v., but in the episodes each wife sits down to an evening meal with her kids, the dad is shared. You never see the dad eating with his family, or playing ball with his kids, or helping out with homework, or soothing a boo boo, all the dad jobs that are vitally important. Those kids don't have a father, its almost as though they are being raised by single moms and mom has a guy drop by and spend the night once a week. It's sad. And there's something like 17 kids. The only way they are affording those homes in Vegas is the money coming in from the reality show. I hope for their sake it stays on the air for awhile because the wives lost their jobs when the show went on the air and their employers felt they projected the wrong image, and Kody is a salesman. Who looks like a middle aged man desperately hanging onto the eighties. YUCK
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.