Thread: The Thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 The Thing 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,307
    A remake of a remake? Really?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,069
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    A remake of a remake? Really?
    Well, there was Dracula.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,684
    I didn't see this one , but the Thing with Kurt Russel can't be beat!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    All they make are remakes! They are even remaking The Killer Elite.

    WTF? The imagination bank is empty I guess.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,307
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I didn't see this one , but the Thing with Kurt Russel can't be beat!
    Well, this one is a remake of the Kurt Russell one.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,086
    The new "the Thing" is not a remake of the Kurt Russell version. It's actually a prequel dealing with the Norwegians that actually found the creature and were seen at the begining of the 1982 "The Thing" chasing a dog across the ice in a helicopter that crashes, killing them.

    I thought it was a remake as well until I did a little research and found otherwise.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member ironhorsedriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Coal Fields of WV
    Posts
    503
    James Arness of Gunsmoke played the Thing in the original. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I liked the Kurt Russell version better.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsedriver View Post
    James Arness of Gunsmoke played the Thing in the original. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I liked the Kurt Russell version better.
    What other really famous actor was in the original?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    The new "the Thing" is not a remake of the Kurt Russell version. It's actually a prequel dealing with the Norwegians that actually found the creature and were seen at the begining of the 1982 "The Thing" chasing a dog across the ice in a helicopter that crashes, killing them.

    I thought it was a remake as well until I did a little research and found otherwise.
    I digress then. However, a different title would have been nice. You know, like The Thing: Arrival or something like that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member obx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KIll Devil Hills, N.C.
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What other really famous actor was in the original?
    John Holmes in the title role?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •