Thread: Hair Cuts

1. #1 Hair Cuts 
    How do you wear your hair?

My hair is thick and wavy and unruly. Whenever I let it grow out, I end up looking like a Sphynx because of it's thickness. I've always been a pretty good hair stylist. I've always styled and trimmed my mother's hair and usually do my own bangs. Today, I decided to give myself a haircut. I know an old trick on cutting layers in your hair by bringing all your hair to the front when it is wet, from the back, and I took off an inch. That's how I layered the back. Then I took my scissors and layered the sides by angling the scissor down. Then I cut long bangs.

I have to say...I am VERY happy of the way it came out. I like it better than when it's done professionally. I also colored it myself.

I have always gone to a very nice salon and spa and payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for my cuts and color. The type of spa that serve their clients wine and strawberries while waiting color. Since my daughter I've found it difficult to leave her for 3 hours to get my hair done. Since this trial cut and color came out great...I think I will start doing it myself unless I want a specific cut.

You've really saved yourself big bucks, particularly if you keep it up. I used to spend quite a bit more than I do now. I went from going to a fairly decent salon to having a woman who worked with me, but did have her license, to cut and color it first at her home, then in a salon where she moonlighted. She did a greyt job at first, then took me for granted as a customer and the quality declined drastically.

She had dried out my hair so much and ruined the ends with the coloring that I had my hair cut very short to get rid of the ruined hair. I let my hair grow back to the normal brown from the lightened blonde hair (I had wanted only highlights but she took it all the way blonde).

Now my hair is very healthy and shining. I found a guy at Great Clips who does an exceptional job. He's since gone to a private salon, but still charges me and some of my friends here the Great Clips price of $12.99. I'm happy with that. I trimmed it myself a while ago, as there were a few places that he missed.

Wish I had your talent, Hawkgirl, to do it totally myself. We have a clippers and I trim the back of SR's neck between haircuts to keep it neat looking. That also saves a few bucks by stretching out the time between haircuts.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

I have short hair, and I get it cut at Great Clips. I spend a lot of money on hair care products from Aveda, though. I'm trying this stuff to make it thicker, as it is thinning with age. It's working, so far. I can see new hair growing in. But it's not cheap.

I use a trimmer to keep it from sticking out of my nose.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I use a trimmer to keep it from sticking out of my nose.
    HA!

What do you do for your back hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    HA!

What do you do for your back hair?
    Nothing. I've been blessed by evolution with a smooth back. As long as the nose hair is under control, or properly waxed and shaped, I'm stylin'.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Short and simple, comb through it with my fingers and go. Hair Cuttery every six weeks.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm trying this stuff to make it thicker, as it is thinning with age. It's working, so far. I can see new hair growing in. But it's not cheap.
    Don't pick your nose or get it in your ears!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg