Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 That angry heckler was directly in front of the President for over 30 seconds uncheck 
    link

LOL

When it is a liberal loon heckling President Bush or another conservative it's "truth to power" and "free speech. And when they are removed from the venue, it's a violation of free speech and somehow criminal.

When it is a loon heckling Obama all of a sudden it's the worst thing ever, terrible, and "dangerous".

Divine Discontent Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-27-11 06:47 PM
    Original message
    That angry heckler was directly in front of the President for over 30 seconds unchecked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cP-FTX5tVg

First off, President Obama behaved like a Christian for all to see during this nasty screaming assault by this extremist religious nut, and it was the fake supporter who behaved like a devil. I want that known by those who do not agree with us on here, but who read DU and will be attracted to this story. Jesus Christ was not reflected in that man screaming angrily and pointing his finger at Barack Obama. The president reflected the gentle spirit of a Godly man, not that extremist nut.

Barack smiled, as the guy started screaming in anger, nodding his head and saying "I agree", but about 10 seconds in, it turns scary when the guy, while rocking back and forth, yells that the President is the antichrist. Barack looks over and raises his hands, as if to say, seriously, how long is it going to take to get some help here?

Barack wisely kept his eye on the short bald-headed white man (unnamed to this point) and his actions nearly the entire 38 seconds. What I have a concern with is that this religious extremist was so close to the President for so long, and the Secret Service protection was nowhere to be seen for over a half minute. This is a wake up call to them because those nuts are out there in the millions. We're not even in 2012, and I have been concerned that this past year things have gotten so acrimonious in D.C., and 1 in 6 people in poverty, that we're going to see unstable people lashing out at our president at events. The teanuts would love to have one of their idiots run from their front row vantage point to try and hurt BO. That sickens me, because no matter how angry and disgusted I was with W, I wasn't hoping someone would hurt him.

I am posting because I am shocked it took well over 30 seconds for the protection to actually work its way through the crowd... That seems unbelievable. He deserves better protection than that displayed. He shouldn't have to keep smiling and watching this loon closely to see if he was going to try to come at him, just a few feet away.

http://www.zazzle.com/republicans_2012_keeping_millions...
    http://www.cafepress.com/barackobama12
    victoryparty (402 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-27-11 06:56 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. inexcusable

Security lapses like these are inexcusable. We have to be thankful that the man did not rush the stage, or worse.
    nichomachus (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-27-11 07:03 PM
    Response to Original message
    4. Just a little message from the Powers that Be

"Behave or else, Mr. President. We can let them get to you."

Four more years!?!?!?

Americans will be scrubbing Mexican toilets for 350 pesos a day....:mad:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That idiot should have been shown the door faster. If that was a SS call
    to let that guy stay that long it was a mistake.

I don't care what you think of the man, you don't let a screaming
    apparent nutjob stay that close to the POTUS.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

What if the nutjob is the POTUS
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

At least he wasn't screaming "Obama is God." ;)

Power CUer

I was listening to LA radio today and apparently this guy is a known quantity. He shows up at city government meetings and yells out stuff about scripture. Apparently it is his own rather odd interpretation.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    What if the nutjob is the POTUS
    Well...:p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Well...:p:D
    Whoa! Now yeer gettin' DEEP.....:p
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I wonder if the DUmmies would have applauded him if instead of yelling at the President, the guy just threw his shoes at him. If I recall correctly, the DUmmies find that acceptable behavior.

"The teanuts would love to have one of their idiots run from their front row vantage point to try and hurt BO."
    Um, no we wouldn't, because it would make us look bad. Even if the nutjob in question was not associated in any way with the Tea Partiers, they would still be blamed by the shrieking leftists.

" That sickens me, because no matter how angry and disgusted I was with W, I wasn't hoping someone would hurt him."
    LOL!
    Do you have any idea how many DU posts/ threads during the Bush administration openly called for violence against him or wished death upon him?