1. #1 Looks like Facebook is in deep trouble. 
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- You can add two influential members of Congress to the list of people upset with Facebook over the social network's latest privacy flap.

Reps. Ed Markey of Massachusetts and Joe Barton of Texas fired off a letter to the Federal Trade Commission on Wednesday, asking for an investigation of Facebook's business practices.

In the letter, Markey and Barton take issue with Facebook's practice of gathering information about the websites its users visited even after users logged out.

"We believe that tracking users without their knowledge or consent raises serious privacy concerns," the letter said.

"When users log out of Facebook, they are under the impression that Facebook is no longer monitoring their activities. We believe this impression should be the reality," Markey and Barton added.

Earlier this week, an Australian tech blogger reported that even after logging out of Facebook, the website was collecting information about websites visited by the user.
    Read More>

http://www.kitv.com/technology/29333075/detail.html
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 09-29-2011 at 06:09 PM.

I'm glad I never joined.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm glad I never joined.
    i wish i never joined.:(

With all the changes they are implementing to their site, they are making it easier for me to walk away. It's tough though because at least one organization I'm a part of uses Facebook to set up events and communicate to the group so I can't quit it completely.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Fabulous Poster
    Remember the good old days when it took some investigative work to find out where someone lives, where he works, who is family members are, what kind of car he has, and stuff like that?

Now insurance investigators and other nosey folks can just go online and get most of this from folks who are "hanging out on facebook".

Another amazing thing is the people who forget they have web pages on myspace and friendfinder and places like that.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm glad I never joined.
    Ditto :D
    May the FORCE be with you!