Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Reins Act - Learn about it 
    Proposed legislation:

In adherence to the U.S. Constitution, Article 1, section 1 .  .  . “All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.” All rules, regulations, or mandates that require citizens, state or local government financial expenditures must first be approved by the U.S. Congress before they can become effective.

Presently there are nearly 70 unelected government entities which take it upon themselves to pass rules that directly affect you and me. And it is not legal. Tolerated for years, yes, but NOT LEGAL.

The REINS Act seeks to stop all of that by making all these entities submit their rules to Congress. You can imagine the howling from the heads of EPA and others.

I am encouraging everyone at the Conservative Underground to learn about this piece of legislation and contact their representatives to voice support.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...56.html?page=1

I'm in!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

IIRC, George Washington was the first to use Executive Orders. But FDR elevated it to an art.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    IIRC, George Washington was the first to use Executive Orders. But FDR elevated it to an art.
    not to mention Carter....
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    not to mention Carter....
    WHAT!?

You forget about Zero?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

In his first two years, FDR formed up 65! new departments. I won't bother to look them up; I think there will be little surprise if any of them are out of business.

These unapproved (by congress) and unfunded regulations are a major problem for every American. It is why there is a brake required on your lawnmower blade, a 'child detector'' on your garage door, and expensive add-ons to your phone bill and mortgage costs.

If we can get rid of these unapproved regulations we would go a long way toward establishing a sane America - the one we all thought we would live in.

Nothing wrong with regulations. A lot of them are good things and should be kept. But not all.

If you believe the REIN Act should become law, then write your representatives and try to get them on board. The vote may come up in the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    In his first two years, FDR formed up 65! new departments. I won't bother to look them up; I think there will be little surprise if any of them are out of business.

These unapproved (by congress) and unfunded regulations are a major problem for every American. It is why there is a brake required on your lawnmower blade, a 'child detector'' on your garage door, and expensive add-ons to your phone bill and mortgage costs.

If we can get rid of these unapproved regulations we would go a long way toward establishing a sane America - the one we all thought we would live in.

Nothing wrong with regulations. A lot of them are good things and should be kept. But not all.

If you believe the REIN Act should become law, then write your representatives and try to get them on board. The vote may come up in the next couple of months.
    I htink 65 departments might be a bit excessive. Offices and agencies under the departments undoubtedly.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    WHAT!?

You forget about Zero?
    Carter issued 919 Executive Orders, the Presidents SINCE have issued only 1297 (including Obama).

No President has issued more than 500 since FDR in a term (either 4 or 8 years)
    http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...sposition.html
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I htink 65 departments might be a bit excessive. Offices and agencies under the departments undoubtedly.
    Right. I should have said bureaucracies.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Carter issued 919 Executive Orders, the Presidents SINCE have issued only 1297 (including Obama).

No President has issued more than 500 since FDR in a term (either 4 or 8 years)
    http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...sposition.html
    Cain promises at least one - the one that would emasculate Obamacare.:)