Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Our current lab is still missing his brain. We were told not to expect one to grow for at least three years.....Oh how time crawls....

I thought Jack Russell Terriers were suppose to be at the top of the brains list?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Our current lab is still missing his brain. We were told not to expect one to grow for at least three years.....Oh how time crawls....

I thought Jack Russell Terriers were suppose to be at the top of the brains list?
    I was hoping our border collie/german shephard mix would grow out of the "Dumb puppy" stage. She's 3 now, and no such luck yet.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I had one who stole my heart but no one would confuse him with a smart animal. My Labs have always been pretty smart, but the smartest dog I have ever owned was a Belgian Shepherd.
    They're funny dogs, sometimes. Nicholson would bring the ball back ONCE! You throw it again, you can just go get it yourself......................Stoopid people....:)

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    They're funny dogs, sometimes. Nicholson would bring the ball back ONCE! You throw it again, you can just go get it yourself......................Stoopid people....:)
    Fitz (short for Fitzpatrick - don't ask I didn't name him) was incredibly odd, but incredibly smart.

He'd take a 5 gallon pail (like the ones you see at Lowe's full of paint) and push it in front of himself at FULL speed to entertain himself. It was hilarious watching this dog running at full speed with a 5 gallon pail inches from his nose. He also used to "hike" big rocks between his legs like the center on a football team does. You could train him to do the most complicated things in just two or three tries.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I had one who stole my heart but no one would confuse him with a smart animal. My Labs have always been pretty smart, but the smartest dog I have ever owned was a Belgian Shepherd.
    We have two Belgian Malinois. I agree. The dogs are very smart.

We have a Golden Retriever and a Golden Retriever/Chow mix. And there's a difference between being intelligent, and being clever! We've learned that.........

Last edited by marv; 10-03-2011 at 11:49 AM.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

We had a poodle when I was a kid. Nice dog who lived a long time, but dumber than dirt.

I had a brain-damaged dog from the K-Zoo shelter. She was a sweetheart, mostly, but she was even dumber than the poodle. She was a total mixed breed, looked kind of like a huge scottie terrier with bouvier hair.

Norgies are smart, they just aren't a common breed. Katie is smart.

"The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)