Thread: Interesting

1. #1 Interesting 
    I received this email and found it interesting. Herman Cain certainly must appeal to conservatives. He's in good conservative company at this gathering.

Message from Townhall

Dear Friend,

Join Herman Cain, Mark Levin, Grover Norquist, and many more for the Defending the American Dream Summit on November 4th & 5th in Washington, DC! Don’t wait - early registration has been extended, but ends this Sunday, October 2nd!

Click here to register today!
    “Capitalism is the only way for us to prosper...small businesses must be allowed to grow without so many regulations.” These words come not from an economic scholar or political pundit, but from a woman named Linda, just like you. She emailed us to let us know how we can help you put America back on the path to prosperity. She plans on attending the Defending the American Dream Summit to help send a powerful message to policy makers that Americans do not want government controlling our lives and sending future generations deeper into debt.

Summit Highlights Include:
    • “Tribute to Ronald Reagan” Dinner
    • Bloggers Row
    • Grassroots Training
    • Free-Market Job Fair
    • State-Specific Strategy Meetings
    • Network With Leading Activists From Across The Country
    There will be plenty of breakout sessions to address issues that YOU care about from policy analysis on spending, EPA regulations, ObamaCare and other harmful Left-wing policies.

Average Americans are being ignored, but now you have a chance to make your voice heard! Click here to register today! I look forward to seeing you at our Defending the American Dream Summit!
    Sincerely,
    Tim Phillips

Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFPF) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual's right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFPF believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. AFPF educates and engages citizens to support restraining state and federal government growth and returning government to its constitutional limits. AFPF is more than 1.8 million activists strong, with activists in all 50 states. AFPF has 33 state chapters and affiliates. More than 90,000 Americans in all 50 states have made a financial contribution to AFP or AFP Foundation. For more information, visit http://www.americansforprosperityfoundation.com

http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    I wouldn't want to be held captive in a tightly seated room where Mark Levin was speaking. His voice is a little hard on the ears.

What would you bet that Herman Cain is scheduled last or next to last, so that people don't go to listen to him and then walk out?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wouldn't want to be held captive in a tightly seated room where Mark Levin was speaking. His voice is a little hard on the ears.

What would you bet that Herman Cain is scheduled last or next to last, so that people don't go to listen to him and then walk out?
    I don't care for his accent. The quality of his words would compel me to stay.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    The quality of his words would compel me to stay.

He can be interesting. Both he and I have a tendency to rant and rave when we get going.

I don't care for his accent. The quality of his words would compel me to stay.
    We saw the Great Levin at one of the Hannity Freedom Concerts a couple of years ago in San Diego. We really enjoyed him.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    We saw the Great Levin at one of the Hannity Freedom Concerts a couple of years ago in San Diego. We really enjoyed him.
    Liberals despise him because he focuses their lies and anti-American ideas clearly for all to see.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Liberals also hate him because, like a true conservative, he loves dogs...

Pepsi laying around the house…

I bought his book about Pepsi, and couldn't put it down...

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    Liberals despise him because he focuses their lies and anti-American ideas clearly for all to see.
    I think there is some room for legitimate dislike of Levin both in his positions and his delivery. He does indeed say some uncomfortable things one doesn't usually hear on the radio. He also goes off on some political and economic rants which are far from inspired or grounded in truth. Never forget that these people are entertainers. But unlike Limbaugh or even Glen Beck, there is no comfortable moment, no "but seriously now" to Levin. His show is a steady 2 hours of anger and discontent being pumped into the ears of the listener. Even if I agreed with him on everything, I simply would find him toxic to listen to. This might explain the lack of listenership on Air America if they were pumping a toxic level of anger and discontent. Hippies don't like to harsh the mellow as a rule. God knows, I can't stand to listen to Amy Goodman for more than a couple of minutes.

And while we are on the subject, people if you aren't speaking clearly, then put some effort into your delivery. America is falling into a bad habit known as "vocal fry". Mark Levin will never be accused of this, because his pitch is often near a dog whistle. Vocal fry is Henry Kissinger crossed with a drunk professor Kingsfield. Vocal fry is Amy Goodman and other female TV journalists speaking at the bottom of their register so that they will sound deep and serious, ie more manly (even if they won't admit it). Vocal fry is where many people's voices go when they are trying to be snide.

The poster child for vocal fry was Lurch on the Addams Family. There are some "linguists" who are actually trying to call this bad habit a regional dialect of the Pacific Northwest. It's no more a dialect than Valley Talk was. It's simply a bad and annoying habit. /End rant on vocal fry.