Thread: Pumpkin Soup
#1 Pumpkin Soup10-01-2011, 08:31 PM
This sounds good, will make it and give a report.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 114, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 567mg, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Total Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 18.5g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Protein: 1g
Carb Choices: 1
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter, light
- 1/2 cup(s) onion(s)
- 15 ounce(s) pumpkin, solid pack
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1 tablespoon sugar, brown
- 1 cup(s) broth, chicken, fat-free, salt-free
- 1 3/4 cup(s) half-and-half, fat-free
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion, and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly. Add pumpkin and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Puree mixture, in batches, in an electric blender. Return to saucepan, and cook until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
10-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Those are for making pie!Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
10-12-2011, 11:32 AM
My wife makes a pumpkin soup from scratch also. It is absolutely AMAZING!!
Especially good with fresh baked bread!!
10-12-2011, 11:45 AM
My wife makes some pumpkin soup with corizo sausage or whatever sausage we like. It's pretty heartyGun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown
The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
10-13-2011, 12:30 AM
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
That recipe looks awesome.
Do you know if there is a recipe for dieters?
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|