Thread: Crunchy Pumpkin Pie
#1 Crunchy Pumpkin Pie10-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 177, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 153mg, Total Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 24mg
Recipe Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The NHLBI does not recommend or endorse any company advertised on this site.
- 1 cup(s) oats, quick cooking
- 1/4 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup(s) nuts, almonds, ground toasted
- 2 tablespoon sugar, brown
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil, vegetable
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar, brown (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg(s), beaten
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin, canned
- 2/3 cup(s) milk, fat-free evaporated
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Mix oats, flour, almonds, sugar, and salt together in small mixing bowl.
3. Blend oil and water together in measuring cup with fork or small wire whisk until emulsified.
4. Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. If needed, add small amount of water to hold mixture together.
5. Press into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for eight to 10 minutes, or until light brown.
6. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
7. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
8. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to blend ingredients.
9. Add pumpkin and milk and stir to combine.
10. Pour into prepared pie shells.
11. Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill & eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
10-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Now there yah go!:)The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|