Thread: Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
#1 Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie10-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie Recipe
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 230, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 179mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 5g, Carbs: 42g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Protein: 4g
Carb Choices: 3
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Rest Time: 2 h
Total Time: 2 h 30 mins
- 30 small cookies, gingersnap
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon oil, canola
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin, puree
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar, brown (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh, grated
- 2 pint(s) ice cream, low-fat, vanilla
To prepare crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
3. Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To prepare filling:
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add ice cream and stir until blended.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust.
4. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|