#1 Pumpkin Pancakes with Orange Syrup10-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Pumpkin Pancakes With Orange Syrup Recipe
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 220, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 348mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 39g, Sugars: 13g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Protein: 7g Exchanges: Fruit: 0.5, Starch: 2, Fat: 0.5
Carb Choices: 2.5
More Diabetic Recipes
Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoon sugar, brown
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup(s) refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 tablespoon oil, cooking
- cooking spray
- 1 orange(s)
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
2. In another medium bowl combine the milk, pumpkin, egg product, and oil. Add the milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
3. Lightly coat a nonstick griddle or heavy skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Turn pancakes; cook about 2 minutes more or until golden brown. Serve warm with Orange Syrup and, if desired, orange sections.
In a small saucepan stir together 1 cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill & eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|