Thread: I love my son.

1. #1 I love my son. 
    Spent all last month on mid shifts, so I got to spend very little time with him. So I made sure I got to spend some extra special time with him today.

A friend of mine rents a house on some farm land, it's got a ton of oak tree's on it, and I wanted to collect some acorns. I figured it would be a time to spend some time with my son so we went out there. We collected about 20lbs worth and then I let him watch the cows in their enclosure. He really enjoyed that.

About this time my friend got home. We went into the house and Daniel saw his Wii. He let him play some Big Game Hunters, and it was technically the first time he really got to "play" a video game. He had no clue what he was doing, but obviously had fun. We then went outside and he just ran around for a little while exploring. I then helped my friend get his bow sited in and Daniel got to see what shooting a bow was like for the first time.

He had so much fun that he passed out almost the second I got him into the car. Days like today make everything in life so worth it. Just seeing him so happy and having so much fun gives me everything I need to know my life is simply perfect.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Spent all last month on mid shifts, so I got to spend very little time with him. So I made sure I got to spend some extra special time with him today.

A friend of mine rents a house on some farm land, it's got a ton of oak tree's on it, and I wanted to collect some acorns. I figured it would be a time to spend some time with my son so we went out there. We collected about 20lbs worth and then I let him watch the cows in their enclosure. He really enjoyed that.

About this time my friend got home. We went into the house and Daniel saw his Wii. He let him play some Big Game Hunters, and it was technically the first time he really got to "play" a video game. He had no clue what he was doing, but obviously had fun. We then went outside and he just ran around for a little while exploring. I then helped my friend get his bow sited in and Daniel got to see what shooting a bow was like for the first time.

He had so much fun that he passed out almost the second I got him into the car. Days like today make everything in life so worth it. Just seeing him so happy and having so much fun gives me everything I need to know my life is simply perfect.
    good for you pal. that's time well spent. to many mom's and dad's don't or won't find the time today. hence the reason many of these kids go bad. I didn't have much of a dad. after the war my parents divorced. he was in CO and I was in MO with mom.
    I grew up with a step dad but he was a boozer and a mean bastard when he was drunk. when i was old enough i went in the military. and they straightened my ass out and screwed my head on straight.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Daniel is a cutie, an extremely bright little guy who talks like he's at least 2 or 3 years older than he is. Glad that you had such quality time with him. He's a little guy you can be truly proud of.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    I have the same deep, selfless undying love for DeeAnna. Since I got the horses and she has fallen in love with them, she is completely unrecognizeable from the angry and troubled teen who showed up at my door. She works so hard at my spead that I doubt the place could run without her.

I can just sit and watch her work with the horses and it is almost magical how they respond to her.

Days like today make everything in life so worth it. Just seeing him so happy and having so much fun gives me everything I need to know my life is simply perfect.
    Wow! What a post, and such a simple, touching, and very telling title to your thread.

It brought a lump to my throat.

You and your little son are both blessed to have each other.

Keep making those memories for him whenever you can ... they will become precious moments to the both of you.

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 10-03-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

He'll always remember playing his first videogame with Dad. He'll probably remember gathering the acorns with you, too.