#1 10 Tips to Help Lower Your Cancer Risk10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
10 Tips to Help Lower Your Cancer Risk
The South Beach Diet helps improve your overall health and that includes reducing your risk of cancer. In addition to a regular exercise regimen, the American Cancer Society recommends a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein — exactly what the South Beach Diet encourages. Here are some lifestyle changes you can make today to help lower your risk of developing cancer in the future:
- Quit smoking.
- Limit or avoid fried foods.
- Choose products made with whole grains over refined-flour products.
- Eat more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, and bok choy.
- Cut down on sweets.
- Avoid processed foods with trans fats.
- Watch out for saturated fats — steer clear of fatty meats, remove the skin from poultry, choose fat-free or reduced-fat cheeses, and go for low- or nonfat dairy.
- Eat a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids from sunflower seeds, walnuts, and flaxseeds, and in their oils, and in fish (particularly oily fish like salmon and herring).
- Limit consumption of alcoholic beverages to no more than one drink a day if you're a woman or two if you're a man.
- Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|