Thread: 10 Tips to Help Lower Your Cancer Risk

1. #1 10 Tips to Help Lower Your Cancer Risk 
    10 Tips to Help Lower Your Cancer Risk

The South Beach Diet helps improve your overall health and that includes reducing your risk of cancer. In addition to a regular exercise regimen, the American Cancer Society recommends a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein exactly what the South Beach Diet encourages. Here are some lifestyle changes you can make today to help lower your risk of developing cancer in the future:

• Quit smoking.
    • Limit or avoid fried foods.
    • Choose products made with whole grains over refined-flour products.
    • Eat more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, and bok choy.
    • Cut down on sweets.
    • Avoid processed foods with trans fats.
    • Watch out for saturated fats steer clear of fatty meats, remove the skin from poultry, choose fat-free or reduced-fat cheeses, and go for low- or nonfat dairy.
    • Eat a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids from sunflower seeds, walnuts, and flaxseeds, and in their oils, and in fish (particularly oily fish like salmon and herring).
    • Limit consumption of alcoholic beverages to no more than one drink a day if you're a woman or two if you're a man.
    • Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight.
    Taking control of your health by following these suggestions will help lower your risk of developing many kinds of cancer. Some people are genetically predisposed to cancer because of family history or environmental influences. If you think you may be at high risk for cancer, consult with your physician
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

11. Die of a heart attack.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    11. Die of a heart attack.
    Better than cancer, quicker.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Fabulous Poster
    Quit smoking. done
    Limit or avoid fried foods. done
    Choose products made with whole grains over refined-flour products. done
    Eat more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, and bok choy. I eat a lot of cabbage, like daily
    Cut down on sweets. never really my fave, give me dumplings over candy anyday
    Avoid processed foods with trans fats. done
    Watch out for saturated fats steer clear of fatty meats, remove the skin from poultry, choose fat-free or reduced-fat cheeses, and go for low- or nonfat dairy. I don't eat beef or pork, and limit eggs and fish. I'm not sure I approve of fake dairy, I used to but it had chemincals. Now I eat blue cheese or feta, one ounce, and I don't miss the pig outs
    Eat a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids from sunflower seeds, walnuts, and flaxseeds, and in their oils, and in fish (particularly oily fish like salmon and herring). done
    Limit consumption of alcoholic beverages to no more than one drink a day if you're a woman or two if you're a man. done long ago.
    Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight. doing the first part, aiming for the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Quit smoking. done
    Limit or avoid fried foods. done
    Choose products made with whole grains over refined-flour products. done
    Eat more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, and bok choy. I eat a lot of cabbage, like daily
    Cut down on sweets. never really my fave, give me dumplings over candy anyday
    Avoid processed foods with trans fats. done
    Watch out for saturated fats steer clear of fatty meats, remove the skin from poultry, choose fat-free or reduced-fat cheeses, and go for low- or nonfat dairy. I don't eat beef or pork, and limit eggs and fish. I'm not sure I approve of fake dairy, I used to but it had chemincals. Now I eat blue cheese or feta, one ounce, and I don't miss the pig outs
    Eat a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids from sunflower seeds, walnuts, and flaxseeds, and in their oils, and in fish (particularly oily fish like salmon and herring). done
    Limit consumption of alcoholic beverages to no more than one drink a day if you're a woman or two if you're a man. done long ago.
    Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight. doing the first part, aiming for the second part.
    Well done. I have gotten over the fake dairy. If I'm doing anything, it's a small amount of butter. I do the low fat dairy at all times---recommended by the South Beach Diet.

"

Nova is going to get hit and killed by a bus full of 99%ers.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein