1. #1 ESPN pulls Williams from MNF opening 
    The Hank Williams Jr. song that has opened Monday Night Football for 20 years will not be part of the opening of this week's Indianapolis-Tampa Bay game after Williams made controversial comments about President Barack Obama.

Williams compared Obama to Adolf Hitler on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends" show Monday morning.

ESPN, in a statement, said: "While Hank Williams, Jr. is not an ESPN employee, we recognize that he is closely linked to our company through the open to Monday Night Football. We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight's telecast."

Williams, whose song "All My Rowdy Friends" has been the Monday Night Football theme on both ABC and ESPN since 1991, told "Fox and Friends" that he thought Speaker of the House John Boehner playing golf with President Obama "would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu ... In the shape this country is in?"

Told by anchor Brian Kilmeade that he didn't understand the analogy, Williams said: "I'm glad you don't, brother, because a lot of people do. They're the enemy." Asked who, Williams said: "Obama. And Biden. Are you kidding? The Three Stooges."

Boehner played golf with Obama in June at the height of the national budget debate in Washington D.C.

Williams, from Tennessee, has said he would run as a Republican for the U.S. Senate in 2012.

Later in the Fox interview with Williams, anchor Gretchen Carlson told Williams he used the name of one of history's most hated men to describe the President.

"Well that's true. But I'm telling you like it is," Williams said.

Williams has been critical of Obama in the past. He campaigned for Sen. John McCain and running mate Sarah Palin in 2008, even changing the words of one of his songs, "Family Tradition," to blast Obama and the Democrats for the financial crisis the country was facing prior to that year's election.
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...dy-opening-mnf
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

if we had more people like Junior we'd have less cock suckers like Obastard

[youtube]I4s0nzsU1Wg[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

However, if a similar position was taken about Bush, all would be hunkey dorey.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    However, if a similar position was taken about Bush, all would be hunkey dorey.

How many country radio stations banned the Dixie Chicks?

[youtube]1eF6vCv13bw[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    How many country radio stations banned the Dixie Chicks?
    How many country radio stations are nationally available during prime time for one of the most watched events of the week? There were radio stations friendly to them for that comment. However, it's not like another station could agree with HWJr and continue to air the song. Your strawman is burning. That said, it's not what the Dixie Chicks said that bothered people. It was that they said it overseas in front of a politically friendly crowd. Had they said that in front of a crowd in Amarillo, TX, it's one thing but they decide to trash the president to Europeans.

How many Libs compared Bush to Hitler?? I remember seeing tons of signs at rallys and protests on National News..that had Bush = Hitler. Hank never said Obama equaled Hitler. Nothing like that at all...

Just another overreaction...to the racist Conservatives..
    Last edited by newshutr; 10-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    How many Libs compared Bush to Hitler?? I remember seeing tons of signs at rallys and protests on National News..that had Bush = Hitler. Hank never said Obama equaled Hitler. Nothing like that at all...

Just another overreaction...to the racist Conservatives..

I'm not defending anyone calling Bush "Hitler".

But Bocephus did compare Obama to Hitler. He said that Boehner playing golf with Obama was like Bibi playing golf with Hitler. He's comparing Obama to Hitler and Boehner to Bibi.

If I were Bibi, I'd be insulted.:D

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm not defending anyone calling Bush "Hitler".

But Bocephus did compare Obama to Hitler. He said that Boehner playing golf with Obama was like Bibi playing golf with Hitler. He's comparing Obama to Hitler and Boehner to Bibi.

If I were Bibi, I'd be insulted.:D
    In typical liberal fashion, you, and the other libs in the MSM automatically took William's mention of Hitler that he was comparing Obama to Hitler. Please show me where Hank said "...see, Obama is like Hitler and Boehner is the Israeli president." In actuality, he said no such thing. He was making an allegory saying that Boehner playing golf with Obama as enemies playing golf together. But noooooooo, the left jumps to conclusions. I think it's a guilty conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    In typical liberal fashion, you, and the other libs in the MSM automatically took William's mention of Hitler that he was comparing Obama to Hitler. Please show me where Hank said "...see, Obama is like Hitler and Boehner is the Israeli president." In actuality, he said no such thing. He was making an allegory saying that Boehner playing golf with Obama as enemies playing golf together. But noooooooo, the left jumps to conclusions. I think it's a guilty conscience.

Bocephus himself said that he compared Obama with Hitler. I don't think I was jumping to any conclusions that Williams didn't make pretty clear all by himself. He told Gretchen Carlson that he was just telling it like it is when she asked him if he realized he was comparing the president to the most hated man in history.

Personally, I think ESPN is being ridiculous about it. The song is appropriate for MNF and it's not like any liberals listen to his music anyway. His father, yes, but Jr? Obama probably didn't even know who he was until he started talking about politics.