Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Tuesday Thread Presidents 
    Banned
    Temp outside a chilly 50 burrr

TOTD If you could spend 24 hours with a past or present president who would it be and why?

warming up to 85 today

Truman. he lived in my former home town.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

A foggy 40s morning.

TOTD: Also Truman. I used to live a few blocks from the Truman Library in Independence, MO. Saw him on his morning stroll near his home a few times, too. But I'd like to visit him, much like the "Ghost of Christmas Future", to show him what has become of America.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    A foggy 40s morning.

TOTD: Also Truman. I used to live a few blocks from the Truman Library in Independence, MO. Saw him on his morning stroll near his home a few times, too. But I'd like to visit him, much like the "Ghost of Christmas Future", to show him what has become of America.
    I went to Chrisman HS. you???

Typical fall day.

TOTD: Abraham Lincoln. No president before or after went through what he went through. His own nation divided by war. So much riding on the decisions he made. I dont' believe he's given enough credit as a man for going through that.

A foggy 40s morning.

TOTD: Also Truman. I used to live a few blocks from the Truman Library in Independence, MO. Saw him on his morning stroll near his home a few times, too. But I'd like to visit him, much like the "Ghost of Christmas Future", to show him what has become of America. :(
    From the other side of the state, but last time I was in Independence stopped by the library, but they had just closed. The gift shop was open so I got a few things.

Although a lifelong Republican, always admired Truman's spunk. He might have come from the KC political system, but he rose to the occasion and accepted responsibility, not like the apologist we have now.

I'd like to talk to Reagan. I think he would be fun to talk to and admired his political philosophy. I think history will judge him as one of our top presidents.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I went to Chrisman HS. you???
    Paseo, class of '56.

Lived in Independence at 604 Colonel Drive in the early to mid sixties after the USAF before being transferred to *gasp, choke* Chicago.
    Last edited by marv; 10-04-2011 at 12:16 PM.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

It's sunny and 72 out right now. Good weather for clinching a baseball playoff series in an outdoor stadium!

TOTD: Ford was from my hometown, and although he was a good man, he wasn't the president with the most exciting record. So, I'd go with FDR, since he was a distant relative of mine and a lot of history happened during his long presidency. Or Teddy, because I'm a sucker for a good hunting story.

Paseo, class of '56.

Lived in Independence at 604 Colonel Drive in the early to mid sixties after the USAF before being transferred to *gasp, choke* Chicago.
    I Saw him many times on his afternoon strolls by the HS on Maple st. waved at him once. he pointed that cain at me and a big toothy grin.

Sunny here. Cool, 60 degrees this morning and then up to 80. Nice.

Teddy Roosevelt. Assuming he has been watching from somewhere all these years, I'd like to get his take on The Spanish American War, the sinking of Maine, which has been pretty conclusively shown to be accidental, and how that particular unnecessary war all worked out in the long run.

What would he do differently, I wonder?