Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Report: Assad threatens to attack Tel Aviv in case of NATO strike 
    In meeting with Turkish FM, Syrian president discusses possibility of NATO strike, says 'I won't need more than six hours to transfer hundreds of rockets to Golan to fire at Tel Aviv'

Ynet Published: 10.04.11, 19:15 / Israel News

Syrian President Bashar Assad on Tuesday threatened to set fire to the Middle East, and especially to Israel, if NATO attacks Syria, the Iranian Fars news agency reported.

In a meeting with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, Assad said: "If a crazy measure is taken against Damascus, I will need not more than six hours to transfer hundreds of rockets and missiles to the Golan Heights to fire them at Tel Aviv."

Davutoglu reportedly conveyed a message of warning from the US to Assad. The Iranian report has not been verified by other sources.

According to the Fars news agency, the Syrian president stressed that Damascus will also call on Hezbollah in Lebanon to launch a fierce rocket and missile attack on Israel, one that Israeli intelligence could never imagine.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...131259,00.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Well if NATO attacks them they are entitled to retaliate, and we know the only reason NATO would attack them is more Israeli bullshit, so they are probably a viable target for that retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Well if NATO attacks them they are entitled to retaliate, and we know the only reason NATO would attack them is more Israeli bullshit, so they are probably a viable target for that retaliation.
    You're pretty sharp, I'm surprised some government think tank hasn't snatched you up!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You're pretty sharp, I'm surprised some government think tank hasn't snatched you up!
    Yeah, with a butterfly net.

Most NATO countries are only marginally less hostile to Israel than the Arabs. Does anyone really expect Germany or France to act on Israeli interests?

NATO won't act, because unlike Libya, Syria has serious air defenses and enough standing forces to put up a real fight. The only NATO member that has the resources to take out Assad, and the transportation capability to get them there, is the US, and Obama isn't about to go there.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Yeah... because it wouldn't be that Syria is perpetrating worse crimes on it's own citizens then Libya was when NATO attacked them. But Ody quite clearly explained why we wouldn't go there.

You fucking tard.

Israel doesn't need our help to kick Syria's ass anyways. They've done it so many times they've got an SOP written on it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    What? You should clarify this post.
    Last edited by Novaheart; 10-08-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to edit earlier

Report: Assad threatens to attack Tel Aviv in case of NATO strike
    Or:

If you hurt my feewings, I'm gonna kick this sleeping bear.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

Or septic tank.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

[QUOTE]Let us see what resident retard has for us.
    Well if NATO attacks them
    Unlikely
    they are entitled to retaliate
    Something about Sherlock.
    and we know the only reason NATO would attack them is more Israeli bullshit
    Another asinine assumption and completely unfounded opinion by a liberal.
    so they are probably a viable target for that retaliation.
    Wait! I thought the "retaliation" was Syria after a (fantasy) NATO attack? Would you please take your meds and re-do this mess?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

[QUOTE=AmPat;455988]
    Let us see what resident retard has for us.

Unlikely
    Something about Sherlock.
    Another asinine assumption and completely unfounded opinion by a liberal.

Wait! I thought the "retaliation" was Syria after a (fantasy) NATO attack? Would you please take your meds and re-do this mess?
    I think he is saying that Israel would be the target.

There are a number of ways to attack a country, such as special ops people or even the CIA. I would not put it past the US to do so.