1. #1 Obama's "big sucking sound" 
    The trade deals with South Korea, Colombia and Panama in the Obama "jobs" bill will actually LOSE over 159,000 US jobs in jobs of the future such as computers, high speed trains, and solar.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...86-503544.html

Government can't create jobs, but it can destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

Government can't create jobs, but it can destroy them.
    Ain't that the truth.

Last night I watched an intersting program on the Travel Channel about NY in the 1920's. Basically, it showed the old mansions built during the Industrial Boom of the '20's...and how there were an abundance of millionaires/billionaires during that time. The show itself was about these delapidated buildings, few of which remain..some being restored...But an interesting thing the commentator said "that was all before income tax, when people who were able to keep their money, the wealthy built these beautiful mansions, but after income tax, they became money pits." Most of these mansions were abandoned.

Moral of the story: Over reaching Government destroys.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 10-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

But an interesting thing the commentator said "that was all before income tax, when people who were able to keep their money, the wealthy built these beautiful mansions, but after income tax, they became money pits." Most of these mansions were abandoned.

Moral of the story: Over reaching Government destroys.
    The income tax destroys incentive for everyone, all up and down the income spectrum.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    the free trade deals were worked out under Bush and are just now being pushed through by Obama cuz he feels the pressure to do so. Free trade is a good thing. Tariffs don't work anymore and just lead to trade wars (which our stupid Congress is considering with China atm)

The jobs that leave tend to be low skill ones that can be done cheaper because of the idiot Unions
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry