1. #1 Jail dog named ‘Allah’ spells curtains for UK prison officer 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    London, May 26 (ANI): Naming his sniffer dog “Allah” has resulted in in prison officer Chris Langridge, 28, being shifted out of Britains top Belmarsh high-security jail. Though Langridge insisted that his labrador was called Ali, and not Allah, a Muslim inmate filed an official complaint against the the dog handler, and he was promptly shifted. One Belmarsh officer said:

This is political correctness gone mad. Belmarsh houses some of Britains most notorious extremist Muslims, including hook-handed Abu Hamza. It also has the highest proportion of Muslim prisoners of any jail in Britain.
    snip

Muslims dont like dogs and it would have been an insult to their religion if the dog had been called Allah, which is sacred to them. It is disgraceful the way the management kow-towed to them despite Chriss denial, The Sun quoted a source, as saying.

Langridge and his dog are now working at the Swaleside jail on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/..._10052940.html

Banned
    Allah is a fine name for a dog or pot bellied pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Allah is a fine name for a dog or pot bellied pig.
    You would last about five pico_seconds in Saudi Arabia !

Dog spelled backwards is God.;)

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Dog spelled backwards is God.;)
    But Allah isn't GOD !

Good grief. "Allah" is an English approximation of an Arabic term. It has no connection to the superstitious Arabic veneration of the written or spoken term for their deity in their own language of religion.

I knew a guy who had a dog named "Jesus". Although you don't get much more Fundy than me, I thought it was funny. He basically was always cursing around the dog - "Jesus! Drop that!", "Jesus! Not my Cd's!", Jesus! Let go of the cat!". I wasn't offended.