Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 This Is What A Mob Looks Like 
    I am not the first to note the vast differences between the Wall Street protesters and the tea partiers. To name three: The tea partiers have jobs, showers and a point.

No one knows what the Wall Street protesters want -- as is typical of mobs. They say they want Obama re-elected, but claim to hate "Wall Street." You know, the same Wall Street that gave its largest campaign donation in history to Obama, who, in turn, bailed out the banks and made Goldman Sachs the fourth branch of government.

This would be like opposing fattening, processed foods, but cheering Michael Moore -- which the protesters also did this week.

But to me, the most striking difference between the tea partiers and the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd -- besides the smell of patchouli -- is how liberal protesters must claim their every gathering is historic and heroic.

They chant: "The world is watching!" "This is how democracy looks!" "We are the ones we've been waiting for!"

At the risk of acknowledging that I am, in fact, "watching," this is most definitely not how democracy looks.

Sally Kohn, a self-identified "community organizer," praised the Wall Street loiterers on CNN's website, comparing the protest to the Boston Tea Party, which she claimed, "helped spark the American Revolution," adding, "and yes, that protest ultimately turned very violent."

First of all, the Boston Tea Party was nothing like tattooed, body–pierced, sunken-chested 19-year-olds getting in fights with the police for fun. Paul Revere's nighttime raid was intended exclusively to protest a new British tea tax. (The Wall Street protesters would be more likely to fight for a new tax than against one.)

Revere made sure to replace a broken lock on one of the ships and severely punished a participant who stole some of the tea for his private use. Samuel Adams defended the raid by saying that all other methods of recourse -- say, voting -- were unavailable.

www.anncoulter.com
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The protesters are not opposing an oppressive and unfair government. They are protesting NOT having an oppressive and unfair government. What they want to end is the ability of someone to work harder than someone else and make more money doing so. They want to end the ability of an innovator to be paid for his ideas or inventions. They want to put a stop to the whole idea of the ability to become wealthy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    They want condos in Boca. Nice ones. :p

And they want Obama to pick up the HOA fees....
    May the FORCE be with you!

Hopefully, we'll get to see the mob running from tear gas cannisters soon. Although if they keep going without taking showers, the tear gas will be a welcome odor.

This isn't really much of a mob. 1992 Los Angeles, THAT was a mob! This "mob" wouldn't even amount to a good celebratory mob after a Lakers game.

Banned
    Who is more insufferable: idiot, skinny, dreadlocked college undergraduates who took a 200 level political science course and think they understand how the game works, or idiot fat hicks who dress up like Thomas Jefferson, carry around copies of the US Constitution and rattle off quotes from political philosophers that tacitly support their views when looked at from a vacuum?

We report. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Who is more insufferable: idiot, skinny, dreadlocked college undergraduates who took a 200 level political science course and think they understand how the game works, or idiot fat hicks who dress up like Thomas Jefferson, carry around copies of the US Constitution and rattle off quotes from political philosophers that tacitly support their views when looked at from a vacuum?

We report. You decide.
    The hippies are going to jail by the hundreds for breaking the law, Thomas Jefferson goes home at night to a peaceful sleep.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

We report. You decide.
    hey dunder head, have you ever taken a level 200 undergrad Political Science class? I have...it's really not that big of a deal, almost everyone on this board could pass it with no problem and be bored in the class
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

We report. You decide.
    Well.........

Here ya are sweetheart. Stupidity on display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFVR9Nv43J4
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

C'mon, based on krushev's cock up there, do you all want to agree that I'm right about liberalism?