Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Anyone else have a problem with the fact that the OWNERS of Zuccotti park cannot evict the protestors without going through a ton of red ink?

The protestors have taken over PRIVATE PROPERTY .
    I get the impression the owners are kind of playing both sides of the street, I believe the property company traces back to Obamites and they are treating the pissed-off local population with a Broadway production of "Oh, my, but whatever are we to do???"

Anytime Bloomberg wants, he could just jump to having the site declared a public nuisance due to sanitation and damage issues and close it down, or the owners could file trespass charges on anyone (Everyone) violating the posted park terms of use like 'No tents.'

My sense of it is Bloomberg is waiting for the weather to turn shitty instead of taking a PR hit for acting directly, and the owners of the park are actually following the White House's lead on letting this circus act run until Obama gets his jobs bill passed (Or doesn't, at which point they will still be useful props for him).

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I get the impression the owners are kind of playing both sides of the street, I believe the property company traces back to Obamites and they are treating the pissed-off local population with a Broadway production of "Oh, my, but whatever are we to do???"

Anytime Bloomberg wants, he could just jump to having the site declared a public nuisance due to sanitation and damage issues and close it down, or the owners could file trespass charges on anyone (Everyone) violating the posted park terms of use like 'No tents.'

My sense of it is Bloomberg is waiting for the weather to turn shitty instead of taking a PR hit for acting directly, and the owners of the park are actually following the White House's lead on letting this circus act run until Obama gets his jobs bill passed (Or doesn't, at which point they will still be useful props for him).
    I wouldn't count on weather anytime soon, unfortunately.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

You just KNOW the owners are going to send the clean and restore bill to the City. I don't think the weather will help clear it out. The parasitic class will just demand heaters.

Disease will clear it out faster than cold weather. These idiots are urinating and defectating in the park and then having sex in the mud they made. These are the educated college kids who want jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Disease will clear it out faster than cold weather. These idiots are urinating and defectating in the park and then having sex in the mud they made. These are the educated college kids who want jobs.

All of that falls under the category of disturbing the peace, which can occur on private or public property. NYPD can arrest them when they do that kind of thing, they just can't arrest them for loitering.

Whether or NOT it is disturbing the peace, THIS is the level of intelligence displayed by these college educated people who can't find a job. Really, oh no WONDER they can't find a job.

In any case, they now have to go.

Unless the parasitic class decides to fight over it.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/c ... ti-park-fr

Bloomberg tells Occupy Wall Street protesters to clear Zuccotti Park by Friday
    Michael Bloomberg
    By Azi Paybarah

Wall Street may not be occupied for much longer.

Two days after Mayor Michael Bloomberg said protesters could stay in Zuccotti Park "indefinitely" if they followed the law, the mayor visited them tonight to say they had to be out of there by Friday, according to the mayor's office. The reason given by the mayor tonight was that the park needs to be cleaned.

The request to clean the park is coming from the company that owns it, Brookfield Office Properties, on whose behalf the chief executive wrote a two-page letter to the NYPD asking for help "to clear the Park" and to "assist" on an "ongoing basis" to keep the area safe and clean.

In the Oct. 11 letter to NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly, Brookfield's C.E.O., Richard B. Clark, said the four-week old "trespassing of the protesters" has created "a health and public safety issue that must be addressed immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Anyone else have a problem with the fact that the OWNERS of Zuccotti park cannot evict the protestors without going through a ton of red ink?

The protestors have taken over PRIVATE PROPERTY .
    So, when Bloomberg told them that they could stay so long as they obeyed the law, he forgot that trespassing was illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    they most likely don't give a shit
    Sure they do. Haven't you seen the photo of the guy crapping on the police care? In fact, that may be the only thing that they are capable of giving.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!