Thread: Bank On It: They're Scared

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Bank On It: They're Scared 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Whenever you see "Bank on It" you know it's Pitt.
    Oh, and Pitts Donation Star is gone!!! I guess he's waiting for CaliforniaPeggy to donate for him.:D

WilliamPitt (1000+ posts) Sun Oct-09-11 10:13 AM
    Original message Bank On It: They're Scared Edited on Sun Oct-09-11 10:14 AM by WilliamPitt
    Many thanks to arcane1 for providing the "Protest Safety Handbook."

October 3, 2011, Day 17 of Occupy Wall Street saw zombie bankers chasing money. (Photo: David Shankbone)

Bank On It: They're Scared
    By William Rivers Pitt
    t r u t h o u t | Op-Ed

Sunday 09 October 2011

Far be it from me to accuse Gandhi of missing a note, but in the case of the 'Occupy Wall Street' protests, the Mahatma's famous quote appears to be lacking a few essential words. "First they ignore you," he said, "then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

That's not quite correct.

Certainly, the OWS protests began with a great whistling silence from the "mainstream" news media. It is only because of the resources available to the average person in this marvelous technological age we live in that word of the protest ever reached beyond its original location.

Thanks to cell phones, video cameras, digital recorders, and of course, the internet - all wielded by patriot citizens - reports, images and video of the protest began to dribble out via Twitter, Facebook and a variety of blogs and alternative news media sites like Truthout. But from the "mainstream" news, there was nothing, and nothing, and nothing.

Eventually, however, the OWS protest broke through the "mainstream" news blackout, thanks in no small part to commentators like Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann. Once the "mainstream" news outlets finally deigned to lower themselves to report on the rabble down on Wall Street, their tone and tenor fairly oozed contempt. The New York Times, bastion of the status quo, published an article describing each and every participant of the OWS protest as a moonbeam-riding fuzzbrain, someone reeking of patchouli who couldn't string a coherent thought together if their life depended on it...which was followed up immediately by a barrage of reports defending cops who hosed down defenseless women penned in behind nylon barriers with pepper spray, because those cops were doing exactly, precisely the right thing. Or something.

This, as usual, from the same "mainstream" news media that didn't have any problem with the gun-toting "patriots" of the Tea Party and their catastrophically-spelled signs. Well, then again, the Tea Party has corporate sponsorship, while the OWS protesters are doing this on their own. It pays - literally - to have friends in high places.

Similar disdain was heaped upon the OWS protest from every corner of the "mainstream" news realm, most especially from Fox News and the long reach of conservative talk radio. These protesters are bums, hippies, losers, anarchists, idiots, communists and fools, a drumbeat which has continued to this very day.

So.

I didn't post all his drivel. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Whenever he used those words, has he ever once been right?

I think not.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

The only set of questions on Willie's little mind is " How close is the protest to the nearest liqueur store and do they deliever? "

Wonder if he's going to wear that gay cowboy outfit again?

" Damn it! Leave me along! I told you before that I'm not in the Village People and I'm not going to sing YMCA for ya'. "
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

who couldn't string a coherent thought together if their life depended on it
    Sounds like the Pittster would fit right in.

From what I have reading, the usually left wing activist groups are behind this including ANSWER, which is notorious for diluted messaging. That explains the strategy of not having a message; people can't really argue with you if you don't have a coherent point.

A friend of mine linked this story on her facebook page. I just had to say something.

Ok, I'm sorry XXXXXXXXXXX but I've got to say something about this. William Rivers Pitt is the laughing stock of internet "journalists". He's a alchohaulic fraud whose been documented threatening old homeless women. He uses "Bank On It" quite frequently in his online rantings, and he's never once turned out to be right. Whether it was Karl Rove being indicted, or Democrats holding onto the House in the 2010 elections. Anything that this man writes has one use, and one use only. Toilet paper.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Ghandi's words fit the TEA party far better than the OWS morons
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    A friend of mine linked this story on her facebook page. I just had to say something.
    Well done!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

any reply?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    any reply?
    Not yet. She posted a lot of this OWS stuff on her facebook page yesterday, so I posted this.

Not a peep yet.