Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OMG - We both got FT jobs and start Monday! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Congrats!!!

InkAddict (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-07-11 09:52 PM
    Original message OMG - We both got FT jobs and start Monday!

It's been a long time comin'.

I just wanted to thank all my DU friends for helping us stay sane. Your humor and dedication to hashing things out, rants notwithstanding, continues to be so appreciated.

Thanks all.

Now join OWS and get fired for stupidity!!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Congrats!!!

what do you think the over/under on that is? I say 4 months
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Fabulous Poster
    Congrats!!!

Note the handle, "Inkaddict". I can't imagine why it is such a surprise to get a job.... you think maybe the tattoos on your neck, face, and other visible areas of the body might have limited your opportunities?

I'm happy for this person, and have no proof he has socially unacceptable tattooage. But the name Inkaddict does make one suspicious. Then again, this person may not have ever had or wanted to have a job more lucrative or demanding than clerk in the music store. We can't all be Rex Tillerson.... someone actually has to work.

Congrats!!!

I think they'll quit within six months.

They'll hate the job because there isn't anyone there to kiss their asses every hour on the hour.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I think they'll quit within six months.

They'll hate the job because there isn't anyone there to kiss their asses every hour on the hour.
    Are you familiar with these two people?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Are you familiar with these two people?
    I'm pretty sure Dan doesn't, but after watching & reading these fools for years it's amazing how you can predict their actions...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Note the handle, "Inkaddict". I can't imagine why it is such a surprise to get a job.... you think maybe the tattoos on your neck, face, and other visible areas of the body might have limited your opportunities?

I'm happy for this person, and have no proof he has socially unacceptable tattooage. But the name Inkaddict does make one suspicious. Then again, this person may not have ever had or wanted to have a job more lucrative or demanding than clerk in the music store. We can't all be Rex Tillerson.... someone actually has to work.
    Completely off topic, but at least at the prison I'm working at, I've noticed heavy ink is not an issue. Lots of folks with sleeves, several with hands and knuckles painted. (our self defense trainer has "your next" across both hands. I resisted the urge to ask if he beats people for pointing out it's misspelled, cause he's the type who knows how to hide the bodies) I like good tats and am glad to see a semi respectable job where one can have them, but it still seems weird to see it under an almost cop uniform. Haven't seen any facial ones yet, though. Don't know how that would go over.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Maybe he/she is just a connoisseur of fine writing implements? :D
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

With a name like ink addict, I was thinking that maybe they are a tattoo artist as opposed to a tattoo enthusiast. I found out there are ALOT of inked people where I work and not just the MAC Makeup artists (who technically aren't employed by The Store) either. The Fine Jewellery manager has a piece on her calf, another upper level person has a piece on their arm. Still throws me.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Completely off topic, but at least at the prison I'm working at, I've noticed heavy ink is not an issue. Lots of folks with sleeves, several with hands and knuckles painted. (our self defense trainer has "your next" across both hands. I resisted the urge to ask if he beats people for pointing out it's misspelled, cause he's the type who knows how to hide the bodies) I like good tats and am glad to see a semi respectable job where one can have them, but it still seems weird to see it under an almost cop uniform. Haven't seen any facial ones yet, though. Don't know how that would go over.
    Ha, you can't deal with cops in Miami yet... Three quarters of MDPD has ink. And almost EVERY CofMiami or MDFD has a tattoo of some sort. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    We have tons of guys with loads of tats. Only one guy had one that was on his neck. And Your Next, classic. I wouldn't take this guy seriously. But it's the product of our environment. We're behind a wall. Hardly go public. And we're around some tattooed bad asses. Well, some are bad asses. Most are children.