Thread: Ron Paul Wins Straw Poll; Cain 2nd

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I still find it rather awkward that an old guy, who espouses probably at least 90% of the positions held by conservatives here, is deemed a lunatic by those same conservatives here just because he might differ on the other 10% or so.

    Whatever.
    It's not the fact that it IS only 10%. It's WHERE it lies. And for me, his stubborn pride. If his ideas are SO very valuable - -he should have humbled himself to a particular administration to save this country.

    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
     

  2. #12  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    If his ideas are SO very valuable - -he should have humbled himself to a particular administration to save this country.
    So compromise what you believe in to get in power? Really?

    I dont like Ron Paul's platform at all, but you have to appreciate how unapologetic and blunt he is. By humbling himself to (I'm guessing this is the administration you're referring to) George Bush those ideas wouldn't be valuable anymore.

    You'd think we would learn from Barack Obama...
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,224
    This is typical and happens every election cycle that Dr. Nuts participates in.

    His straw poll "victories" equate to less than 1% of the votes when it counts.

    If his straw poll and CPAC "wins" translated to anything...he'd have already been a two term President and current Secretary General at the U.N.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

  4. #14  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I still find it rather awkward that an old guy, who espouses probably at least 90% of the positions held by conservatives here, is deemed a lunatic by those same conservatives here just because he might differ on the other 10% or so.

    Whatever.
    Conservatives march in lockstep and if you deviate from any of their holy points you are exiled.

    :p
    Last edited by Wei Wu Wei; 10-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
     

  5. #15  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    elaborate, please. There has been a lot of Ron Paul supporters and a large number of unaffiliated libertarians at these protests.

    Conservatives and libertarians are also upset about bank bailouts, upset by fed overreach, upset by money manipulation, and support reform.

    The media is trying to force a wedge between people by playing identity politics. It's okay to agree with people on some issues and disagree on others. The media tries to play this game where you either agree 100% or you are a filthy liberal commie. It's dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Conservatives march in lockstep and if you deviate from any of their holy points you are exiled.
    When was the last time you heard conservatives repeat out loud every word their speaker was saying.





    Hey commies, soap and water are your friends!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
     

  7. #17  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Every day on this forum

    I listen to Rush Limbaugh and watch Fox News, so I see the repetition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
     

  8. #18  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    elaborate, please. There has been a lot of Ron Paul supporters and a large number of unaffiliated libertarians at these protests.

    Conservatives and libertarians are also upset about bank bailouts, upset by fed overreach, upset by money manipulation, and support reform.

    The media is trying to force a wedge between people by playing identity politics. It's okay to agree with people on some issues and disagree on others. The media tries to play this game where you either agree 100% or you are a filthy liberal commie. It's dumb.
    Sure, some of what they say I agree with. The Fed has wasted a shit ton of money. However these people are not being law abiding, there are at lest 3-4 different "messages" that they are putting out there. Hell there are some that are being paid to go out there. These is the same group of idiots that tried to take over Madison
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Conservatives march in lockstep and if you deviate from any of their holy points you are exiled.

    :p
    Of course they do, my dear.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Conservatives march in lockstep and if you deviate from any of their holy points you are exiled.

    :p
    Then why are you and the gutless wonder KS still here?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •